Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Production & Supply Chain Category Lead for the WN Global Sourcing department.
Position is responsible for leading and managing the Production & Supply Chain category within Warner Media Global Sourcing on a global basis. The Production & Supply Chain category includes physical & digital production, post production, manufacturing and distribution. The role works with the Head of Global Sourcing and business unit leadership to develop and implement sourcing strategies and manage supplier relationships globally. The role drives formalized sourcing best practices and abides by Company standards, policies and procedures. This position is charged with partnering with internal clients to drive margin improvements, improve operational efficiency, enhance supply chain resiliency, reduce risk and pursue other value drivers as defined by stakeholders. The role also has ownership for specific business unit/geographic client relationship management with key vendor spend business units/geographies, and is expected collaborating with peers in developing and leading global and local teams. The Warner Media Global Sourcing (WMGS) is charged with leveraging Warner Media enterprise-wide buying power and increasing the sophistication of our supply chain and sourcing practices. WMGS approaches Strategic Sourcing as a systematic approach to managing the acquisition of goods and services by matching customer's needs with marketplace capabilities to achieve the best total value and the lowest total cost.
• Develops mid-to long range sourcing strategic plans that (1) links to company-wide vision, (2) takes into account global versus regional approach versus local approach, and (3) prioritizes efforts for maximum contribution for margin improvement and achieve best total value for business units/geographies for their goods and/or services requirements.
• Demonstrates and practices a high degree of professional integrity and ethical responsibility in all business activities.
• Leads change and creates development opportunities to build a diverse pool of talent and holds project teams accountable for achieving results.
• Nurtures team with eye towards ongoing professional development & skills/capabilities building. Stakeholder/Internal Customer Management
• Partners with key internal clients for alignment of business priorities across multiple sourcing categories and be the conduit/liaison on behalf of global sourcing team.
• Provides internal consulting expertise to senior management in the practice of strategic sourcing, best practices, and external marketplace or innovative trends.
• Builds effective relationships to enable fast alignment and roll out communications.
• Actively participates in business strategy reviews.
• Leads periodic review meetings to develop action plans, seek input, share results, re-prioritize projects.
• Leads Production & Supply Chain global strategy development, aligning cross-divisional and cross-geography requirements against clear and measurable goals.
• Develops category strategy recommendations in a concise and persuasive fashion and leads implementation of sourcing strategy (sole source or short-list negotiations, leverage added scope, competitive bidding, eSourcing tools, catalogs, reverse auctions, etc.).
• Conducts and coaches others to execute against category strategy with full understanding of potential shortfalls and risk mitigation plans.
• Develops and compiles required business case for new ideals, including execution of Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quotation (RFQ) or Request for Proposals (RFP).
• Leads the development of global or multi-national supplier industry analysis when developing global sourcing strategies.
• Uses depth of knowledge of suppliers to gain insights which are not obvious nor widely held that improve Warner Media's competitive advantage.
• Partners with Supplier Diversity efforts to creatively include diverse vendors in supplier selection processes and creatively grow existing diverse vendor spend.
• Leads environmentally friendly purchase efforts to support Warner Media's sustainability efforts.
• Negotiations, Contract Creation & Management
• Leads and develops multi-pronged negotiation strategies, contract analyses, and sourcing communications and meetings.
• Collaborates with stakeholders and legal counsel to lead global negotiations and contract coordination to ensure all geography-specific requirements are captured.
• Views new and existing opportunities from different angles to identify fresh and original ways of tapping those opportunities to get maximum return.
• Sourcing-Driven Project Management
• Identifies, implements and manages large scale, complex projects across business units and geographies – may involve outsourcing analysis and total cost of ownership considerations.
• Identifies opportunities where project management expertise needs to be implemented and works to ensure that those involved in key projects are managing them optimally.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zw40-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.