Graphics Tech, Scenic Services
Warner Bros. Discovery
Production Designer, CNN (Motion Design)
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Working under the guidance and collaboration of the CNN Design, New Day team, the Production Designer will create motion design and animation for show segment packaging and other on-air design/scenic assets. Must be able to independently conceive, design and execute within the New Day show brand, as well as work off creative briefs and/or style frames provided by others under tight deadlines. The ability to collaborate with a team of video editors, producers and other designers is essential, as is the ability to work without supervision during overnight hours to meet early morning show deadlines.
The Production Designer is proficient in many aspects of television and studio production (ideation, design, animation, presentation, delivery, execution). The position is responsible for delivering timely, engaging, and objective design for the CNN news groups wide-reaching audience. The position requires working internally with CNN's design team and externally with clients and editorial partners. Proficient in the full Adobe suite is required with a heavy emphasis on After Effects and Photoshop. Experience with Cinema 4D, Unreal Engine, and Vizrt is preferred.
*Please note this role is on an overnight schedule, working 12am - 8am ET*
- Concept, design and produce still and animated graphics and other design elements as assigned by production manager
- Ensure design standards and brand guidelines are followed appropriately by using good judgment and leveraging Department Directors for council as needed
- Work effectively as a member of the production team. Meet regularly with Design Directors, Assistant Art Directors, Sr Production Designers, Production Managers and Producers to coordinate production of design elements as needed. Work with Vizrt team to ensure the consistency of design elements as applicable to projects
- Effectively manage time and resources to deliver projects and collateral assets on time and in working order
- Composite and/or direct compositing sessions as required, under intense pressure, direction and time constraints
- Motivate, train and manage other team members as directed and actively contribute to overall positive and creative atmosphere of the department
- Ensure industry lead by maintaining a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies. Provide input on new equipment purchases and willingness to beta test new platforms as needed.
- 2+ years experience in television or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of current events
- Maintain professional standards at all times, including breaking news
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bandwidth to see the big picture while focusing on the smallest details
- Degree from accredited art school with emphasis in graphic design or related field (motion design, visual communications, industrial design, illustration, photography) or equivalent work experience with demonstrated knowledge of graphic design.
- Software: After Effects, Cinema4D, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition. And Experience with Unreal Engine, X-Particles, AE Expression, and GPU renderer (Octane, RedShift, and Cycles4D) is a plus.
- Flexible schedule: Ability to work extended hours - this role will work an overnight schedule
- Located in the metro Atlanta area
- Reel is required, be prepared to highlight 2-3 case studies and specific contribution for each.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g321w4-100-24-118-144-42 in your application.