Who we are:
Warner Brothers Platform Services is a fast-paced, innovative development division working to build the next generation of video-enabled entertainment brands.
About this role:
We are looking for an engineer to join our DevOps team. Our DevOps engineers manage and monitor all aspects of our platform infrastructure. They are responsible for software deployments, infrastructure-as-code management, third-party service providers, and AWS system maintenance and configuration. We are entrusted with our deployment pipelines, AWS infrastructure and the overall security of the systems we manage.
As a DevOps engineer focused on direct to consumer entertainment, you will work remotely with many different teams across all platforms, including backend, design, mobile, product, and more. You will focus on implementing cutting-edge content features such as live metadata sync, user account management, synchronized video across multiple clients, and backend stacks that support video and content delivery.
What will you do?
• Maintain high availability for production systems in AWS, including after-hours as part of an on-call rotation.
• Design and implement backend services (e.g., data management, scalable service delivery, caching, connection pooling, etc.)
• Support the development team in designing efficient, highly available, scalable, and measurable applications.
• Build automated application pipelines using continuous integration.
• Support and scale our metrics/logging/alerting stack.
• Work alongside a diverse group of teams to provide support and knowledge.
What do we require from you?
• Experience scaling and monitoring a system of distributed services on Linux hosts.
• Experience with most of: AWS, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, GitHub, Python and Bash Scripting.
• Experience with some of: Django and/or Flask, video transcoding systems, Chef, ELK, MySQL
• Expertise in modern operations techniques – We excel in configuration management and infrastructure as code.
• Familiarity with distributed source control, and continuous integration systems.
• The ability to often work asynchronously, autonomously, and to follow through when working independently.
Bonus points if...
• Experience in Security and/or DevSecOps
• Familiarity with Go a plus
The following are some of the tools we use regularly. We do not expect you to have a mastery of everything in this list, but expert knowledge with a few and familiarity with the others (or a close analog) is ideal.
• AWS (in general), Python, Jenkins, Terraform, Docker container orchestration (ECS or Kubernetes), ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK), Github, Chef, SQL
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq50xm-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.