WarnerMedia seeks an Operations Supervisor for CNN's Technical Operations department.
CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation of news and information experiences to inform, engage, and empower the world. We have a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community. With our consumer and facts-first strategy, we're developing new platforms and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming directly in the hands of consumers.
• Supervisor,Technical Operations is responsible for their staff's work schedules, vacation schedules, covering sick/personal day requests, annual performance reviews, timesheets, hiring, training and development.
• Supervisors are required to remain current in their respective technical areas of responsibility as well as being ''broad-knowledged'' enough to cover other technical Supervisors.
• Supervisors are also responsible for teaming with the production management team to meet needs of business and programming requirements, working closely to schedule, troubleshoot, and monitor the physical facilities where their staffs work.
• Supervisors are responsible for developing quality control initiatives and supporting efficiency in operations.
• This includes routine upkeep as well as new equipment and/or technology implementation and any processes and/or procedures required to get the job done.
• Supervisors are on call 24x7 for emergencies and staff coverage.
• Travel on remotes as necessary.
• Four year college degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years experience in a technical position.
• Fluent in Windows-based applications.
• Familiar with multiple aspects of live TV, pre and post production.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj19x-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.