Sr Business System Analyst
WarnerMedia Content Technology and Operations seeks an Operations Analyst for our Content Metadata team. The role will be responsible for metadata collation, localization, and delivery for Feature and Television titles for distribution to clients. The role will be responsible for performing complex business systems analysis for enterprise master data applications across Warner Media and external data sources. The Operations Analyst is expected to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and oversee operations and special projects. The candidate must be willing to adapt to a constantly changing environment and ensure guidelines and business processes are followed. Additional areas of responsibility include understanding, identifying and documenting business process and functional requirements. This role will work closely with all the Content Metadata Operations groups on daily operations, troubleshooting, and special projects such as records matching and system enhancements.
• Create, collate, analyze, and clean content metadata to ensure data accuracy. Synthesize records across WarnerMedia systems and third-party data sets.
• Coordinate and communicate effectively with clients and internal teams for troubleshooting and ad-hoc requests. Requires daily management of releases and coordinate with internal stakeholders from marketing, publicity to in-territory and local client requirements for metadata from broadcast to home entertainment windows.
• Review, organize and analyze data sets across WB studio systems to provide actionable insights to improve system implementations, data flows and/or operational processes.
• Support documentation for team meetings. Oversee and lead operations and spearhead special projects to support the media supply chain.
• Propose improvements and efficiencies to workflows. Ability to analyze data, create reports, and document processes/workflow diagrams. Problem-solve and determine root causes in order to propose changes to existing process or procedures. Develop business scenarios and use cases for UAT and QA/QC testing for integration and implementation in metadata management system.
• Manage and coordinate with outsourced team members, onsite and offshore, to ensure on time delivery and accuracy of metadata, as required by the business.
• Experience with master data management software and discipline preferred, e.g. Reltio, Informatica, etc.
• Experience with business intelligence, data visualization, and analytics tools, e.g. Tableau, Looker, Qlik, Domo, SAP Suite, Google or Adobe Analytics, Microstrategy, IBM Suite, Oracle Suite, Microsoft Power BI, etc.
• Experience with data warehouse solutions, cloud data warehouse preferred; e.g. Amazon Web Services Suite, Snowflake, Microsoft Azure Suite, Google Cloud Suite, etc.
• Experience with project management, team collaboration and documentation software, e.g. Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Trello, Slack, etc. a plus.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc).
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Deep analytical skills who can ask relevant questions at the right time and provide multiple solution approaches to problems and challenges related to architecture, technical and non-technical issues.
• Demonstrate initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements.
• Ability to apply technology in solving business technical problems.
• Experience in leading process change and implementing best practices associated with system implementation, replacement, and major enhancement.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task many projects.
• Strong ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong organization skills, project management skills a plus.
• Must be an advocate for quality.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must be comfortable working with a reasonable level of autonomy after instruction.
• General office activities - walking, standing, sitting, speaking, finger manipulation, lifting, bending, etc.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone.
• Must be able to facilitate business process discussions with groups of 5-10 people.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
• Must be service-oriented.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.