Reporting to the Director of Metadata Services, the Manger is responsible for the critical day to day operational management of the Metadata Services teams, including the creation of descriptive and operational master metadata records and VOD content conditioning. Working closely with Warner Media's business and brand representatives the Metadata Services Manager will drive the facilitation and completion of content metadata priorities, ensuring that all deadlines are met for our linear and non-linear distribution points, including HBO Max. This role will develop staff training, manage operational schedules and staff PTO, manage and report on individual and team performance and develop long and short-term projects and goals. The Manager will also take a leadership role in helping to identify any needed areas of improvement, working closely with operational and technology teams to define and develop solutions that increase efficiency. This role will be a key contributor to the communication and reporting of daily and weekly departmental status to content stakeholders and business representatives. The manager will also take a lead in working with development teams on the facilitation and status reporting of metadata and asset annotation system enhancements and bug fix sprint planning and User Acceptance Testing. This position will act as a subject matter expert on departmental operational workflows and metadata systems to help inform and build our business initiatives. They will manage the development and documentation of departmental SOP's and metadata standards. This role will collaborate with brand and 3rd party acquisition teams and WM's international metadata teams to ensure that metadata submissions meet requirements and records are created on schedule and adhere to standards. This position requires a strong skill set focused on operational efficiencies, staff management and current metadata technologies.
• Tracks, oversees, and manages the daily metadata and content conditioning priorities ensuring staff is completing required work assignments within deadline.
• Actively participate in developing positive employee relations by setting an example, mentoring others, and supporting the mission, vision, and values of WarnerMedia and the department.
• Facilitate team meetings and provide updates to leadership. Create alternate/coverage schedules when there are attendance issues, PTO conflicts or UTO calls; Manage weekend coverage.
• Work if needed with Director for staff One-on-Ones and coaching/performance discussions.
• Troubleshoots, and problem solves metadata related issues, working closely with metadata team and business units on issue remediation. Communicates and reports on daily and weekly operational status.
• Works closely with team members on training and skills growth to ensure departmental and individual success. Develops and provides opportunities for learning current technologies and trends.
Strategic Business and Client Relationships
• Work closely with the Director and other Metadata Services leads on developing strategies to build an enhanced descriptive master metadata set including content annotation and VOD conditioning that better serves Warner Media Ad Sales and brand enterprise needs.
• Works across teams to provide input on the creation of controlled vocabularies, taxonomies, and metadata standards for enterprise business units. Works with systems development teams on requirements and enhancements, participating in regular user acceptance testing.
• Regularly attends network programming and operational meetings. Works with Acquisition teams and 3rd party content providers to ensure metadata onboarding standards and guidelines are met. Assists in the gathering and reporting of departmental statistics and metrics. Creates departmental reports, detailing operational status of regular responsibilities and assigned projects.
• Monitor equipment performance/device failures. Will partner with MSC DEV or WMSS to report and assist in the resolution of issues to ensure workflow processes are productive. Address any technical issues and act as a liaison between MSC DEV/WMSS and staff to maintain business processes.
• Work with the Director and leadership to gain metrics for the team and participate in Metrics Meetings to review trends and make recommendations regarding training and workflow processes
• Attend Project Meetings to gain understanding of project scope acting as a technical liaison to gather information and answer questions.
• Partner with leadership to prioritize tasks, disseminate information to staff and provide timeline and updates to Project Team, clients and leadership.
• 4+ years' experience as metadata manager or broadcast operations manager with experience in master metadata records.
• 4 years' experience managing a service department staff and broadcast content priorities in a 24/7 environment.
• 3 years' experience in data governance and/or asset management.
• Strong working knowledge of project management and service applications. Confluence, Smartsheet, Jira, ServiceNow.
• Experience in staff development and mentoring to build skill set growth and strategic department long term planning.
• Experience working in linear and non-linear environments.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
• Demonstrated ability to work with databases and/or asset annotation systems. Working knowledge of metadata governance.
• Experience creating or updating data and schema model's that support metadata management.
• Experience and strong knowledge of VOD conditioning practices.
• Master's degree in Library and Information Sciences, related field
or technical discipline equivalent .
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98qm7-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.