Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Turner Sports is seeking a strong strategic marketer to join our team as Marketing Manager, NHL. The Marketing Manager, NHL will focus on brand positioning for TNT and Bleacher Report's (B/R) cross-platform NHL coverage, developing strategies that bring awareness to and drive consumption of NHL-related content. This candidate should have proven experience developing and executing marketing strategies, as well as familiarity with how to collect, organize and translate data into compelling stories and actionable insights. Reports to the Sr. Director, Marketing NHL.
• Building strategy, presentations and recaps for all NHL tentpoles and priority initiatives, including Season Launch, Winter Classic, Playoffs and the Stanley Cup Finals (in relevant years)
• Creating, updating, and communicating project documents and presentations to align stakeholders and executives on objectives, deliverables, progress, and postmortems
• Analyzing data and developing insights that lead to deepened engagement with our fans, successful strategies, BIG ideas and thoughtful tactics
• Have an eye for good content and understand the fan consumption landscape, both digital & linear
• Develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets
• Work cross-functionally with the following teams: Creative Services Sports Unit, Programming, Production, Talent, Social, Insights & Research, Product Marketing, Bleacher Report Brand, Experiential, Ecomm, Playmaker and Creative Services, Turner Media Group, Marketing Operations, and more
• Serve as day to day point of contact with NHL marketing counterparts
• Manage in-game promos, including NHL contractual and internal marketing inventory (includes creation and distribution of promo checklist for each game + post-game reporting for the NHL)
• Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
• Manage the NHL Marketing Coordinator
• 5-7 years of experience in marketing, business, sports or related field
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing, business or related field
• A strong work ethic, with a great attitude and the ability to be a self-starter
• Passion for sports with an interest in the NHL
• Detail oriented and organized, with an eye for good creative
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Data-driven and metrics-oriented
• Deep understanding of the digital and linear consumption landscape and emerging social trends
• Strategically minded and able to take initiative with little direction
• Experience working with multiple partners to achieve strategic goals
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. Warner Bros. Discovery requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g62vy8-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.