Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc. seeks a Franchise Management & Marketing Associate for the Franchise Mgmt & Marketing department.
The Marketing Associate is a member of the Franchise Management & Marketing team, responsible for supporting WBCP's DC brand franchise, which includes franchises and properties like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, DC Super Hero Girls, and Justice League, among others. This team is responsible for the overall management of the brand and franchises within Consumer Products which includes driving the strategic planning process, franchise plan development, and franchise marketing activations.
This is role responsible for the day-to-day facilitation of franchise and marketing initiatives, including assisting with marketing approvals; supporting the creation of franchise plans, marketing initiatives and marketing materials; as well as assisting with the execution of all marketing initiatives for the DC brand and franchises and any additional properties, as assigned.
Other properties and duties may be assigned dependent on business development and needs.
The position requires strong written and verbal communication and liaising with internal and external parties, including but not limited to other WBCP departments (Category, Retail Sales, Creative and Product Development, Finance, Legal, etc.), DCE Franchise Management, other WB Divisions, and other colleagues and vendors around the world, etc. All communication is done in a professional manner with timely follow-up. Innovative thinking, intellectual curiosity, strong attention to detail and strong project management skills are required in the development of all marketing and promotional materials as well as the spearheading of new and on-going initiatives and projects.
• Assists in executing franchise strategies and marketing initiatives in support of core franchises and individual properties (e.g. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, DC Super Hero Girls, etc.).
• Develops materials for franchise presentation decks, licensee and retailer pitch decks, sizzle videos, and similar related materials needed to drive the franchise. Assist with acquisition, development, approval and use of theatrical and TV assets. Create and maintain franchise development calendars. Partner with DCE Franchise Management to ensure consistency and alignment.
• Obtains necessary internal and 3rd party approvals (including DCE Franchise Management, CP Legal and CP Brand Assurance usage rights) for all marketing materials and assets for licensees and promotional partners
• Manages the organize and dissemination of theatrical and television assets and key materials to internal WBCP and global partners.
• Coordinates outside brand partners, resources, agencies and vendors, along with associated deadlines for development, budget and delivery
• Solicits industry and competitive trend information from sales/retail, category, and creative/product development from global teams as well as external data sources
• Other special projects as required assigned by supervisor.
• Minimum 3 years marketing experience required
• Previous marketing experience required
• Franchise development and management experience a plus
• 2+ years Entertainment industry experience strongly preferred.
• Significant breadth and depth of DC franchise knowledge preferred (e.g. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree graduate with coursework in business; marketing coursework strongly preferred
• A passion for and knowledge of the DC brand and franchises (e.g. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, DC Super Hero Girls, Justice League, Flash, Arrow, Black Lightning, DC Super Friends, Teen Titans Go!, etc.)
• Candidate must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and presentation software programs, especially PowerPoint and/or Keynote. Photoshop and Illustrator knowledge a plus.
• Clear understanding of marketing principles.
• Knowledge of digital platforms and media marketing tools
• Strong understanding of Licensing preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities; possess flexibility and adaptability skills.
• Must be well organized with effective and proven planning and follow-through skills.
• Must be a self-starter, dependable, and optimistic.
• Knowledge of file set-up, maintenance and filing procedures
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person, in written communication, via phone, via video conference, etc.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time pressure and time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects and prioritize assignments.
• Must have the ability to effectively meet critical deadlines.
• Must be a team player.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o030-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.