Manager, Business Solutions Centre APAC
Purpose of the Role
Responsible and ownership for overall general accounting activities, record-to-report, Treasury processes for various WarnerMedia Global Businesses within the APAC territories. Duties to include support and assist all accounting aspect relating to programming, original production, content licensing, reporting and involvement of HBOMax APAC roll out. As well as general ledger stewardship, month end close support, review of all financial statements, footnotes / disclosures and Treasury cash management support.
Areas of Responsibility
• Responsible for ensuring programming costs are accurately computed, recognized and amortized according to accounting policy.
• Trigger process for payment and liaise with Accounts Payable team and ensure timely and accurate payments to Studios with proper cashflow management.
• Liaise with Content Acquisition team and Programming team for Avail and Premiere list. Investigate avail and premiere discrepancies (if any).
• Ensure compliance to SOX and regulatory updates.
• Assist and support Manager with queries from Studios.
• Responsible to review and verify cost reports, make queries and ensure production costs are accurately consolidated, recorded, and amortized according to accounting policy.
• Trigger process for payment and liaise with Accounts Payable team and ensure timely and accurate payments to production house with proper cashflow management.
• OP amortization computations and preparation and posting of OP journals
• Process OP invoices, credit notes, withholding tax submission, payments, etc.
• Prepare Intraco billings related to OP
• Work closely with Business on OP related Ariba issues ie. PR, Supplier issue, coding, supplier issues
• Monitor bank balances in HBOSP and request for funding from HBOPP
• Liaise with production team, finance and production house on OP related matters.
• Assist and support Manager in government funding request.
• Balance sheet review.
• Verify collection statements for Distribution Revenue and perform reconciliation and resolving discrepancies with Accounts Receivable team (if any).
• Compute and record Distribution Revenue and liaise with Licensor for invoicing.
• Trigger process for payment and liaise with Accounts Payable team and ensure timely and accurate payments to Licensor with proper cashflow management.
• Ensure proper accounting of the revenue according to relevant accounting standards.
Content Licensing & Subscription Revenue
• Ensure Content Licensing Revenues are recorded and recognized according to relevant accounting standards.
• Chase for subscriber report and collection report if we do not receive on time for invoicing.
• Chase for payments if they are long overdue.
• Compute Revenue Share to Licensor for acquired production titles and ensure liabilities are properly recorded.
• Trigger process for payment and liaise with Accounts Payable team and ensure timely and accurate payments to Licensor with proper cashflow management
General Accounting Activities and Reporting
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual reports relating to the above.
• Involvement of the rollout of HBOMax in APAC
• Input and incorporation on internal controls and prepare and review SOX documentation
• Development of policies & procedures, as required
• Act as primary liaison with LOB/Finance and GBS Atlanta/Burbank and between OTC/P2P
• Liaise directly with CFR team and GPO based in the USA
• Develop and own relationship with Finance/LOB/GBS and various business stakeholders
• Interact with counterparts in EMEA and APAC to share and develop practice
• Perform intercompany settlements and assist with intercompany disputes
• Provide overhead accrual inputs,
• Point of contact with internal & external auditors
• Perform the execution of ad hoc projects, including Fixed Asset and inventory counts as needed
• Responsible for sign-off of Monthly and Quarterly Financial Statements
• Process requests for Ad-hoc JE like new master data, errors, reclass, etc.
• Other ad hoc reporting request
Assist in Senior Manager
• Preparation of business meetings
• Ad hoc projects
• Cross divisional initiative
• Setting department objectives with subsequent follow up and tracking
• Develop staff into mature financial advisors with a customer service orientation toward LOB, Finance and Business Unit
Job Requirements / Skills
1. Degree or equivalent experience in Accounting
2. Accounting qualification, i.e. CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent preferred
3.Prior work experience within a US GAAP reporting environment required
4.Above average skills in Microsoft office suite
5.Experience in agency / media owner preferred
6.Years of experience: 5 Years +
7.Fluent in spoken and written English
8.General knowledge of Media/News Broadcasting Sales
1.Experience in media or technology industry
2.Team Management experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkevz0-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.