Digital Media Engineer
Position is responsible for relationship management and application ownership for clients and applications related to the production integrations within WM's Production Technology Ecosystem. This position is accountable for advising and partnering with clients and software vendors on the end to end production lifecycle. This position
oversees internal and external resources delivering new technology into service on behalf of the client organizations, while managing the total cost of ownership (TCO). This position reviews Service Level Agreement metrics for outsourced services in their portfolio and identifies risks and issues to senior management. This position maintains the pipeline of enhancements and project requests that improve existing solutions as well as requirements for new solutions. This role collaborates with the business to ensure solutions are implemented with the proper governance, with business impact in mind, and appropriate organizational change management support for business cutover.
• 30% - Works with Clients and WM Production Technology to capture business requirements, oversees the development of Technology requirements, and leads application development related activities.
• 30% - Manages vendor due diligence, information security compliance, analysis, procurement, acquisition and integration of complex software applications and systems including creation and approval of statement of works.
• 20% - Manages the development of key strategic attributes for the client's information technology strategy. Manages the financial analysis and forecasting for production applications with the overarching objective to optimize TCO. Assists in the development of project budgets including ROI substantiation.
• 10% - Responsible for the lifecycle management of client application portfolio from ideation to delivery and retirement of legacy solutions.
• 10% - Manages the performance of the internal and external service provider(s) as it relates to the support of the application portfolio, and/or projects for the supported client groups. Provides the internal and external service provider(s) with prioritization for client change requests associated with the client's portfolio.
• 8 to 10 years of Information technology experience in a lead role overseeing a portfolio of applications across multiple technical platforms
• 7 years of management experience with both employees and on/offshore contracted resources
• Knowledge of Production processes for the filmed entertainment industry required
• Understanding of technical components required to support business processes, including effort estimates and resource management experience
• Experience planning and implementing changes to existing process and live productive applications
• Experience in team lead capacity with at least 3 full end-to-end life cycle implementation of a large Technology project in leadership roles
• Practical experience with application of s oftware development life cycle with industry standard best practice methodologies
• Experience with cloud technology such as AWS and Azure
• Experience with ERP and SaaS software
• Prior experience in Business Process Re-engineering efforts
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Undergraduate degree required
• Graduate degree or professional certification preferred
Knowledge/Skills & Competencies
• Technical Knowledge / Skills:
• Ability to develop information technology project plans to deliver high quality services at reasonable costs.
• Understanding of application technology and associated solutions and strategies related to the client's business to help them achieve their business goals and objectives
• Knowledge of Production business processes, and ability to translate them into Technology requirements to satisfy financial and reporting obligations
• • Integration design and testing concepts
• • Issues documentation and analysis used to identify systemic issues or problems with integrations
• Integration frameworks (e.g. middleware / transformation and error handling logic)
• Functional Knowledge / Skills in the following areas:
• Knowledge of all phases of system development lifecycle, including production support
• Strong knowledge of ERP and SaaS client application(s) that support(s) the business process, with practical implementation of multiple modules / applications
• Knowledge of accounting processes and related systems integration
• • Excellent knowledge of payroll processes including studio residuals, pay calculations, time reporting, workflow and general best practices
• Data conversion concepts and impacts on new business processes
• Client deployment readiness concepts (e.g. business cutover)
• General Knowledge / Skills required:
• Strong customer service focus and responsiveness
• Proficient decision-making and time management skills. Demonstrates leadership abilities. Maintains current knowledge in use and industry trends of technology
• Strong analytical skills, interpretive and evaluative skills
• Strong organizational and project management skills across multiple threads of work streams
• Outstanding documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Creative and resourceful approach to the business and an ability to think and deliver creative value-added solutions to clients
• • Ability to effectively manage small teams and budget
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of management and staff
• Ability to lead a productive and effective workforce consisting of employees and contracted resources
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
• Must be service-oriented
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality