Responsible for the oversight of record-to-report (R2R) processes for Global Theatrical. This role would support the General Ledger Management and transactional processing of Theatrical Distribution business within various systems (SAP). Duties to include general ledger stewardship, month end closing, consolidation of actual results and preparation of statements and analysis according to reporting obligations (Participations, Audits, etc.). Duties will also include process improvements and standardization and supporting and special initiaitves in partnership with the Business Unit.
Financial Close and Reporting:
• Provide support for month end close activities including: trial balance review, journal entries and other related GL account analysis.
• Analyze and review financials to ensure completeness and accuracy
• In-depth knowledge of accounting rules to properly interpret and determine applicable accounting treatment.
• Ensure GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) are implemented and adhered to for respective BU.
• Support in the strategic direction for the process (e.g., revenue, reserves, reporting, etc.) and help drive forward with execution of standardization and improvements for the given process.
• Responsible for establishing and ensuring timeliness of overall monthly close activities and accuracy of close processes
• Interact and maintain the highest level of customer service with Business Unit operations including territory affiliate offices and 3rd parties (licensees, auditors, etc.) who rely on the accuracy and timeliness of the information provided.
• Manage Staff to ensure financials are completed and accurately accounted for during each fiscal month end.
• Prepare and/or review reporting related to month/quarter end deliverables, ATT reporting and by titles reporting and analysis.
Other Special Projects and Managing Staff:
• Assist with the Warner Media initiatives.
• Develop staff into mature financial advisors with a customer service orientation toward the dependent Corporate, Territory and Business Unit groups with whom there is regular interaction.
• Work with supervisor to set priorities for the department, manage the performance of the team thru defining expectations and standards, set a high performing tone.
• Utilize people resources in a strategic way to meet department goals.
• Other special projects as required.
Financial Systems Support:
• Assist in the enhancements/testing of systems to support the day to day transactions of GL management and to improve financial operations.
• 5+ years progressive work experience in an accounting or finance field.
• 1-2 years prior management experience strongly preferred.
• Public and private accounting experience preferred.
• Entertainment work experience preferred.
• Financial closing, consolidations and reporting experience preferred.
• Working in shared service and/or outsourcing environment a plus.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification:
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• CPA or MBA preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles (US GAAP), including intercompany and foreign currency accounting.
• Knowledge of the new FASB revenue recognition standards required.
• Must have experience with ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle and/or Microsoft Dynamics.
• PC Skills: Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel or Access required.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills.
• Must have proven management experience and effective management skills.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person, via email or other digital format and on the telephone.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Must be a critical thinker who can provide solutions with minimal guidance.
• Must be able to reason through issues and resolve problems independently.
• Must be able to work reasonable overtime, if necessary.
• Domestic & international travel required as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx2v4-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.