Manager, Email Strategy and Planning
Warner Media seeks a Manager, Franchise Development - Animation for the Franchise Mgmt & Marketing department. The Manager, Franchise Development is a member of the Animation Franchise Development team responsible for strategic development and integrated planning for the Animation portfolio including iconic properties such as Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry and many more. This role supports the development of franchise strategies, the development and management of Integrated Franchise Plans and day-to-day marketing approvals.
The position requires strong written and verbal communication and liaising with internal and external parties, including but not limited to WarnerMedia teams in Studio and Networks, HBO Max/Direct to Consumer, Sales & Distribution International, News & Sports, and Corporate Functions. Concentrated efforts and partnership with the Warner Animation Group, Warner Bros Animation, Cartoon Network Studios, Legal and Business Planning, Business Units, Territories, Research & Insights, etc. All communication is done in a professional and timely manner.
A successful individual is an innovative thinker with strong project management and team building skills.
The Manager, Franchise Development is a valuable resource for all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the consistent execution of brand expression and marketing initiatives, in keeping with the essence of the brand and franchise values.
• Acts as the Franchise steward by being the voice and expert on the Animation portfolio throughout WarnerMedia.
• Supports the development of Franchise Strategic plans, Integrated Franchise Plans and presentation materials.
• Analyzes competition.
• Supports the creation and own the maintenance of Franchise toolkits and support materials, including but not limited to Franchise Presentations, sizzles, integrated calendars, franchise guidelines, etc.
• Builds relationships with Business Units and Territories including but not limited to WB Theatrical Integrated Marketing team, WB Home Entertainment, WB Interactive Entertainment, Warner Animation Group, Warner Bros. Animation, Cartoon Network Studios, Publicity & Communications, etc.
• Manages meeting cadence and agendas with Business Units and Territories.
• Acts as the primary contact for asset coordination, including uploading and distribution.
• Works closely with international territories to support local activation of strategies and marketing programs.
• Provides guidance and manage approvals for assigned franchises, ensuring activations adhere to brand and franchise guidelines and values.
• Shares best practices with partners.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
• BA/ BS required, MBA a plus
• Minimum of 5 years' experience, ideally with Brand and/or Franchise Development
• Experience in cross-divisional, synergistic roles with multiple stakeholders required
• Experience with consumer research and analysis preferred
• Experience with a movie studio and/or entertainment fields highly preferred
• Experience managing complex multifaceted projects with exceptional project management skills
• Extremely effective and tactful communication skills both written and verbal with excellent attention to detail
• Must have the ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality in handling sensitive information and materials
• Experience managing multiple complex stakeholders with a high level of emotional intelligence and a demonstrated ability to work well across key partners
• Expert knowledge of creating and implementing franchise strategies
• Ability to be flexible to provide continuity and support to the needs of the [domestic and international] internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and judgment. Able to work effectively with senior level executives.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive and productive demeanor
• High proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote required
Nice to Haves
• Ability to travel if necessary