Senior Financial Analyst
WB Consumer Products Finance seeks a Manager, Strategy, Business and Financial Planning that supports the North America Licensing and E-commerce teams. This role actively participates in the financial and strategic planning processes to drive growth, while supporting the long-term Global vision for Consumer Products.
Strategy and Business Planning support for North America Products and E-commerce
• Provides support in analyzing and evaluating new business opportunities, including financial modeling, deal analysis, and preparation of materials for review with senior leadership.
• Prepares financial/business insights and long-range projections to support strategic plan.
• Plays a key role in licensee deal renewals and new contractual arrangements with licensees and retailers.
• Keeps pace with retail, economic, and industry trends impacting the region across categories.
Financial Planning and Analysis
• Works directly with Category and e-commerce teams to develop financial estimates and all associated financial analysis for the annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
• Helps create and improve processes for forecasting and reporting the owned and operated e-commerce business
• Prepares Quarterly Business Review, a key business deliverable that provides insights on the health of the business and guidance necessary for the leaders to make business decisions and effectively run their business.
• Provides business leaders with financial data and insights on quarterly financial results, including comparison to latest forecasts and highlighting areas of risks/upside.
• Works closely with other functional areas to (e.g. Retail Business Development, Global Operations COE, Global Business Services, Legal) to streamline processes and troubleshoot issues impacting financial reporting and planning.
• Manages quarterly revenue accrual, ensuring accuracy of estimates and supporting efficient processes.
• Leverages retail, industry, and other data to create new insights and validate financial plans.
• Supports development of marketing and T&E budgets; communicates key assumptions and expectations to Category teams and monitors expenses to ensure proper cost management.
• Drives growth in WBCP owned and operated e-commerce initiatives
• Drives growth and development within the finance team.
• Bachelor's in Finance, Economics, or a related field required
• MBA strongly preferred
• Previous experience in e-commerce, social commerce, or digital environment.
• 7+ years' experience, preferably in a sales planning, business development, or financial planning & analysis role
• Advanced Excel required (pivot tables, macros, formulas), with proficiency with other MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Access). Tableau experience a plus.
• Must be able to create executive level presentations and have the confidence and poise to present at senior level meetings.
• Must have excellent analytic skills
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity that sparks communication, collaboration, and innovation. Must have a willingness to look beyond surface requirements.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons at all levels.
• Must have the ability to adapt and be agile amongst a changing environment. Be able to translate complex problems into solutions.
• Must be willing to collaborate with management and peers to advance team and company goals.
• Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints
• Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Must be willing to expand knowledge relating to industry trends.