Remote / Virtual
This position will drive creative strategy and execution for all product categories for the selected territory. Will review and manage all product submissions, evaluating them for Product Integrity, Brand Integrity and Character Integrity – following all required BA and Franchise guidelines. Will be working on multiple Creative and Product Development functions, including product design, graphic design, typography, trend research, pitches and presentations, as well as creative tools to support licensees in their development.
The Daily/ Job Responsibilities
• Identify and apply trend to product and understand how our franchises work within key market trends.
• Translate our IP into market right graphic designs and product, while following franchise guidelines.
• Manage and art direct outside agencies and freelancers when additional creative resources are involved, while keeping the regional creative lead informed.
• Develop and design Creative/Product Development POV (point of view) boards for top DTRs and licensees, interpreting trend information into salable design concepts, while reinforcing brand image and art application.
• Follow established timelines and key dates for the creative deliverables. Adhere to strict production schedules when designing and managing vendors in the creation of all art.
• Work as part of the Creative INSEAK team to ensure materials such as style guides, design kits, POP, Signage, In-Store Environments, Product Concepts, and research boards are delivered for internal/external use when required staying true to the global templates and guidelines.
• Understand and execute creative strategy, product design, print and pattern development, color, and typography.
• Represent WBCP India Creative department to licensees by conference call, presentations, visit their offices or plants and internal meetings for the purpose of reinforcing WBCP's creative brand standards on product. Review new products and suggest improvements in the design or application of art and design concepts. Provide creative input, direction and guidance to all licensees and sales Account Executives on all properties.
• Help develop creative workshops to present new creative directions, trends and to help licensees in the creation of products in all categories.
• Pro-actively evaluates licensee's schedules and manufacturing processes to facilitate their compliance with our product approval processes;
• Participates in meeting with Category to train licensees and its product development teams on how to use art guides and design kits in order to maximize the use of all materials that are developed to support our properties;
• Holistically manage product development efforts to ensure proper differentiation between licensees, retailers and franchises.
• Work closely with category managers to produce fresh, compelling designs that meet the business needs / strategies.
• Follow best practices, implemented and shared across all areas
• Understand technical aspects of construction of products and components in regard to design and development
• Maintains all Product Approvals on schedule using the Starlabs Approval Platform which serves as a legal record of licensee's product submissions.
• Follows up with licensees regarding merchandise development and production and audits licensee compliance to Brand Assurance procedures.
• Provides Starlabs training, onboarding and support to licensees.
• Obtains all necessary third-party approvals from INSEAK Franchise, INSEAK Creative, Category, Regional Marketing, Senior Management, Legal, Talent or relevant stakeholders where necessary to ensure proper feedback is communicated to licensees.
• Performs Brand Assurance activities on Starlabs Approval Platform, with knowledge of the manufacturing process and a knowledge of Warner Bros. policies and procedures, reviews and provides detailed comments on the concept, preproduction and final samples submitted by licensees on items including but not limited to product, packaging, commercials, POP and POS;
• Manages Licensees Brand Assurance activities keeping regional INSEAK Creative Head informed.
• Obtains a one-on-one relationship with licensee counterpart, as well as the licensee designers (artists, sculptors, etc.) to ensure collaboration and a smooth working approval process
• Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years' work experience required in the Licensing business, with a focus on product development and product design.
• BA or BS in Fine Arts or Design preferred, or 2 years Technical College in a design discipline or equivalent experience required
• Adaptive, resilient, measured, high tolerance for ambiguity and comfortable in fast-paced, high-growth environments
• Active mindset, self-driven, intellectual curiosity, thrives in an empowering culture
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all platforms; Direct messaging, virtual environments, email, in person and via telephone.
• Must have have close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to simultaneously handle multiple projects, time lines and communicate across teams
• Must have the ability to manage up, present to and articulate design direction for internal and external partners
• Must have knowledge of production techniques used across all licensed manufacturing industries and how final art must be completed.
• Strong knowledge of Mac applications such as Keynote as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Illustrator, Photoshop and In Design)
• Must have basic drawing skills to present ideas visually.
• Must have knowledge of print production and 3D product development.
• Fluent English. Fluent Hindi desirable.
• Must have the ability to absorb and respond quickly to given information.
• Must have the ability to learn the various properties and distinguish different styles of art from others in order to accurately log submissions.
• Must be detailed and preferably have an artistic eye.
• Must be able to interface professionally with department, licensees, and all levels of management on behalf of the department.
• Must have knowledge of all Warner Bros./Turner/Hanna- Barbera properties and will be trained on WBCP art standards.
• Able to meet deadlines and responsibly manage budgets where applicable
• Apparel or licensed product experience is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0nbz1-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.