WarnerMedia Content Technology and Operations seeks a Manager, Content Metadata. This team is responsible for managing the Title and Content Metadata for WarnerMedia. This position will be responsible for the management, evaluation, analysis, planning and implementation for content metadata projects, tools and functionalities. This position will lead the successful management and development of projects involving data creation, data curation, extensive data analysis, data modeling, data sharing, data governance and quality management, and testing of new data tools and/or functionalities. The role will include managing projects across functional teams, e.g. Technical Operations, Content Technology and Operations, Media Supply Chain Technology teams, Enterprise Data Services Technology teams, HBO Max Product teams, HBO Max Data teams, HBO Max Technology teams, etc.
The Manager, Content Metadata must be passionate about data, standards and systems. The content metadata infrastructure includes systems and applications for: financials, marketing, master data management, data transformation, cloud data warehouse storage, taxonomy, external data registry, data visualization, industry data sources, etc. This position will be responsible for knowing and understanding all the integration details and data sharing touchpoints and map them against business needs and functions. This team member is expected to be very hands on to gain a thorough understanding of tools and data, will need to be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and must be able to adapt to new technologies and new ideas.
• Lead and manage cross functional projects to support strategic initiatives.
• Provide extensive analysis of content metadata, identify data quality vulnerability and provide recommendations to plan for data quality practice and management.
• Evaluate, support and document system integrations, data flows, data models, data architecture, and understand how cross-functional and cross-business unit teams consume and activate content metadata to plan out data integration and data sharing environments.
• Collaborate with Content Metadata teams to understand usage of tools and processes to assess needs, requirements and formulate technical designs and development of data
• Collaborate with functional and solution architects and engineering teams to identify and implement improved application and process changes, as well as continuous integration with content metadata tools for master data management needs:
• Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative and/or technical discipline, or work equivalent
• Master's Degree a plus
• 10+ Years of experience in using and implementing processes and tooling associated with continuous integration, delivery and deployment of software solutions.
• 10+ Years of experience in technical design and development of data, reporting and/or analytics systems
• 10+ Years of extensive data analysis and business intelligence development
• 5+ Years of proficient SQL skills and ability to write complex queries across extensive data sets
• Expertise in business intelligence, data visualization, and analytics tools, e.g. Tableau, Looker, Qlik,SAP Suite, Google or Adobe Analytics, Microstrategy, IBM Suite, Oracle Suite, Sigma Computing, Microsoft Power BI, etc.
• Expertise in relational and graph data warehouse solutions, cloud data warehouse preferred; e.g. Google Cloud Suite, Amazon Web Services Suite, Microsoft Azure Suite, Snowflake, Denodo, MongoDB, MarkLogic etc.
• Knowledge of Master Data Management solutions, e.g. Reltio, Informatica, etc.
• Knowledge of Python, R, SAS, a plus
• Extremely organized and strong knowledge of project management, team collaboration and documentation software, e.g. Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Trello, Slack, etc.
Technical Knowledge / Skills:
• Thought leader with deep analytical skills who can ask relevant questions at the right time and provide multiple solution approaches to problems and challenges related to architecture, technical and non-technical issues.
• Demonstrate initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements.
• Ability to apply technology in solving business technical problems.
• Knowledge of systems architecture technology, principles, methods, tools, and practices and industry standards.
• Aptitude to make decisions in technology selection and implementation approach based on long-term strategic objectives, while taking into consideration short-term implications for ongoing or planned implementations.
Functional Knowledge / Skills in the following areas:
• Experience in leading process change and implementing best practices associated with system implementation, replacement, and major enhancement.
• Demonstrated analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
• Strong ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences