As the Manager, Analytics Engineering (Marketing), you are a visionary leader tasked with synthesizing our massive dataset into appealing and digestible visualizations that will unlock and improve business insights. Your goal is to champion data-driven story-telling and create a self-service environment where divisional analytical users can visit to understand how we are performing toward our goals, learn about the shape of our business metrics, and regularly check in on measurements that are central to our company's mission.
You are an engineer who not only has a deep understanding of the application of big data to complex business questions, but also experience designing and building semantic layers to best support self-service vehicles. In some cases, you will also work with business experts to turn data into actionable insights from beginning (data modeling) to end (interactive UI via Looker/Tableau) and optimization in between (ETL-ing). You will work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure that their modelling endpoints and data are properly moved into a semantic layer and production environments, where they can be used by the wider WarnerMedia community to drive programming, content and product business strategies. We are looking for a well-rounded engineer who has exceptional technical and design skills.
• Lead selection, implementation, optimization and integration of data visualization tools. Guide adoption and planning of Looker installation across domestic and international teams.
• Coordinate with other marketing, analytics, and technology teams to identify innovative data solutions that meet fluctuating and rapidly evolving goals and objectives.
• Lead and mentor a team of Analytics Engineers to support marketing analytics and reporting use cases.
• Build relational semantic layers and aggregate datasets using SQL and solid ETL principles in Snowflake to enable performant and flexible reporting underlying our visualizations.
• Participate in the creation and support of BI development standards and best practices.
• Work closely with marketing business stakeholders to define reporting requirements and deliver insightful and effective dashboards and data visualizations.
• Support cross departmental core metrics and data dependencies with leadership visibility.
• Design and implement logical data models and transformations to support flexible self-service reporting.
• Synthesize large volumes of data and complex concepts into clear insights and frameworks, quickly and accurately.
• Train team members and colleagues on best practices for data visualization and help others be successful stewards of our tools.
• Enable everyone at HBO Max to be an analyst through the Self-Service BI model.
• Continually research and improve new methods and enhancements to our analytics platform (Looker) and visualizations to drive innovative, data-drive story-telling.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Mathematics or similar required. Master's degree preferred
• 6+ years of relevant experience in data modeling, data engineering and delivering business intelligence and dashboard solutions
• 3+ years of managing and mentoring direct reports and setting performance goals
• Effectively manage multiple stakeholders and expectations around critical deadlines and deliverables
• Expertise in Looker and data visualization design
• Experience working with relational databases and data warehousing (Snowflake, Big Query)
• Experience with AWS and other cloud-based tools
• Understanding of digital marketing, social, and advertising technologies, such as Google Marketing Platform, Google Ad Manager, Social Ad Managers, AppsFlyer, and/or Braze
• Understanding of the digital media ecosystem and subscription business model
• Hands-on engineering experience with data modeling and architecture
• Experience with ETL solutions
• Pro-actively takes initiative with excellent problem-solving skills
• Proficient in data manipulation/wrangling technologies (SQL & Python)
• Expert in analyzing, compiling, cleansing, interpreting, joining and staging data
• Proven ability to collaborate with key partners and stakeholders to define metrics, identify requirements and solve problems independently
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
• Willingness to learn quickly and autonomously in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to effectively teach and train others in analytics and data visualization best practices
• Able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5869-44-192-54-67-42 in your application.