Warner Bros. International Television Production (WBITVP) Deutschland GmbH develops and produces reality television formats, documentary entertainmentt, comedy shows, drama series and films for public and private television networks and international streaming providers in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Our productions include successful fiction / non-fiction formats such as ''Bares für Rares'', ''Der Bachelor'', ''First Dates'', ''Wilsberg'', ''Marie Brand'', ''Friesland''.
The Legal & Business Affairs Executive is responsible for delivering high quality legal affairs advice to production teams which is technically excellent, trusted and in accordance with the commercial imperatives of the business. Reporting to the Director of Legal and Business Affairs and working closely with the business as part of a small legal team, the role will be responsible for dealing with legal matters arising throughout programme production process (from development through to broadcast and) across the spectrum of non-scripted and scripted programming. The role will also work closely with legal colleagues in the larger Warner Media International legal team.
• Drafting and advising on agreements for the development of scripted and non-scripted programming, including development, talent and format agreements.
• Drafting and advising on programme production agreements, including commissioning , presenter, cast and contributor agreements, location agreements, writers' agreement and production services agreements
• Advising productions on rights issues, clearance issues and compliance matters,
• Conducting production 'set up' meetings to advise teams on legal and compliance issues that may be relevant during production
• Preparing and or distributing production protocols and guidance notes for production teams in relation to key areas, such as anti-bribery and corruption policies, child licensing, data protection and editorial compliance, working closely with specialist legal teams at Warner Media International.
• Advising on copyright and trademark matters
The successful candidate will be a versatile, hard-working and technically excellent qualified lawyer with with up to 5 years relevant post-qualification experience working at a law firm, broadcaster or production company. Experience of both non-scripted and scripted television work is preferable but not essential. You will need to have:
• A solid understanding of copyright law and of the ownership of rights in content and underlying material
• Excellent attention to detail
• The ability to organize and manage a demanding workload and to work to tight deadlines
• A team player attitude but comfortable working independently
• Approachable manner, with good listening and communication skills and an ability to interact with people at all levels of the business.
Fluent in written and spoken German and the ability to work in English is required.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbonne-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.