Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Lead with a curious mind and an interest in cash forecasting, as well as a passion for process improvement, to join the Financial Contract Reporting & Administration department (FCRA). The Lead, Participations Cash Management is responsible for assisting with the Participations Cash Forecasting and Payment Processing. This role will provide you with an opportunity to learn about various aspects of the entertainment industry, as well as an opportunity to join a team that is committed to ongoing process improvement.
• Perform and/or supervise the preparation and submission to WarnerMedia of monthly/quarterly/yearly participation budget and forecast using constantly evolving methodologies leveraging the Participations reporting system.
• Identify and analyze anomalies in order to propose solutions to upper management during monthly forecast actualization process.
• Perform and/or supervise preparation of box office bonuses and ad hoc advances for payment.
• Coordinate and communicate with various business units and groups within the division to ensure contractual obligations are met timely and accurately.
• Review legal agreements, financial data, and calculations for reasonableness and determine when an issue needs to be researched or escalated.
• Supervise processing of outgoing and incoming payments and statements.
• Provide guidance, answer questions, and troubleshoot payment/statement processing system issues for Participations Coordinator and Executive Admin team.
• Lead weekly and ad-hoc cash management meetings with internal and external executives.
• Serve as SME for cash management portal of Participations reporting system.
• Provide training and support to the Participations department specific to cash management portal of Participations reporting system.
• Manage and assist with research for SOX compliance and other various internal audits.
• Identify and implement potential improvements in cash forecasting and other business processes including reporting to achieve greater accuracy and efficiency while communicating any obstacles, challenges, enablers and successes.
• Manage and assist in special projects, process documentation, and ad-hoc analysis/research as necessary, including participant and/or auditor queries.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in participations, forecasting, process improvement, or related field
• Participations and/or Entertainment industry experience strongly preferred
• Previous financial accounting experience preferred
• Previous experience interacting with management across multiple organizational areas
• Previous experience creating presentation/training decks/materials
• Previous experience presenting to various staff levels, leading meetings & trainings, etc.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Cash flow/budgeting experience preferred
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
• Strong ability to work independently and meet corporate deadlines
• Experience with system implementations and testing preferred
• Experience in a large corporate environment preferred
• Experience in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment
• Prior Project Management experience a plus
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Financial reporting for media and entertainment strongly preferred
• Distribution of film, TV and physical goods products for media and entertainment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent multitasking, organization, and time management skills
• Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities
• Ability to thrive in an environment that demands constant process changes
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and experience with other analytics tools, such as Tableau
• Excellent PowerPoint skills
• Experience with cloud-based collaboration tools (e.g. MS Teams, Slack, Google Apps, JIRA)
• Familiarity with Agile methodology a plus
• Aptitude to quickly learn new technologies
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Must be able to work efficiently under time constraints
• Must be customer service oriented
• Must be able to work overtime, as needed
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81899-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.