Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Lead, HR Systems for the Enterprise Technology: HR / Payroll Solutions department.
The Lead, HR Systems position is responsible for leading the relationship management and application ownership for clients and applications related to HR, payroll and production accounting integrations within WB's co-system. This position is accountable for advising and partnering with clients and software vendors on end to end Production Payroll, Payroll Fringe, and other HR applications such as Workday Learning, leveraging best in class solutions to support business requirements. This position participates in the oversight of internal and external resources delivering new technology into service on behalf of the client organizations. This position reviews Service Level Agreement metrics for outsourced services in their portfolio and identifies risks and issues to senior management. This position maintains the pipeline of enhancements and project requests that improve existing solutions as well as requirements for new solutions. Position is responsible for technical solution for any capital projects that impact these applications, including move towards increased usage of analytics and migration of application platforms to the cloud. This role collaborates with the business to ensure solutions are implemented with the proper governance, with business impact in mind, and appropriate organizational change management support for business cutover.
The candidate must be familiar with the client's business processes, system scope and project objectives to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Provides status input to Director for management reporting to WMET Executives and clients. The Lead, HR Systems will facilitate analysis meetings with clients to determine and prioritize their business and system requirements for specific enhancements and projects and communicate results to offshore resources. This position is responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality documentation and meeting client requirements (e.g. business system analysis, functional and technical design requirements, testing and SOX requirements).
• Oversees the development of key strategic initiatives for the client's information technology strategy. Supports in the financial analysis and forecasting for specific applications in the client portfolio with the overarching objective to optimize Total Cost Optimization (TCO). Assists in the development of project budgets including Return on Investment (ROI) substantiation.
• Works with Clients and Technology to capture business requirements and participates in the development of Technology requirements, and lead application development related activities. In collaboration with Enterprise Technology Competencies and other groups, ensures that appropriate governance exists for all delivery of technology solutions
• Oversees vendor due diligence, information security compliance, analysis, procurement, acquisition and integration of complex software applications and systems including creation and approval of statement of works.
• Responsible for the lifecycle management of client application portfolio from ideation to delivery and retirement of legacy solutions.
• Leads the performance of the internal and external service provider(s) as it relates to the support of the application portfolio, and/or projects for the supported client groups. Provides the internal and external service provider(s) with prioritization for client change requests associated with the client's portfolio.
• 4-5 years of Information technology experience in an active role supporting a portfolio of applications across multiple technical platforms
• 0-2 years previous supervisory experience with internal or external employees/contractors.
• Undergraduate degree preferred in information technology or computer science or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of Learning campaigns and platforms, Time Entry to Payroll, Payroll Fringe, Financials and Production Accounting processes for the filmed entertainment industry required
• Understanding of technical components required to support business processes, including effort estimates and resource oversight experience
• Experience planning and implementing changes to existing process and live productive applications
• Experience in team lead capacity with at least 3 full end-to-end life cycle implementation of a large Technology project in leadership roles
• Practical experience with application of software development life cycle with industry standard best practice methodologies
• Experience and knowledge of data security and best practices with SSO solutions
• Experience with cloud technology such as AWS and Azure
• Experience with Workday preferred
• Experience with ERP and SaaS software
• Prior experience in Business Process Re-engineering efforts
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yymx-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.