Director - Technical Operations
Warner Bros. Studio Facilities (WBSF) oversees the physical operations of the historic 110-acre main lot in Burbank including its 30 soundstages and 20-acre backlot, as well as production-related services including costume, set-dressing, construction, set lighting, catering, transportation, photography and much more. The production site also hosts tours for consumers offering guests intimate views at the inner workings of thriving entertainment studios.
WarnerMedia seeks a Lead Electrician for the Fac. Admin - CNN – DC department.
Minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible electrical experience required, in an operational environment such as electrical construction or maintenance. Must possess a working knowledge of electrical components, systems and structures, tools, test instruments, and proper procedures related to installation, start-up, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment.
• Monitor work of personnel to ensure correct procedures are being followed and provide assistance when necessary.
• Employee will maintain proper dress attire as instructed by their supervisor including but not limited to uniforms and proper shoes.
• Ensures that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed.
• Regular use of test equipment, operation and dissemination of Infared Technology.
• Regularly inspects assigned equipment to ensure proper operation.
• Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
• Read and interpret electrical drawings, operations manuals, control schematics, etc.
• Consulting Engineers and Contractors - As directed by the Facilities Manager, exchanges information regarding relevant components, systems, and structures.
• Manufacturer's Representatives - As directed by the Electrical Facilities Manger, seeks and exchanges information regarding operation, maintenance, and repair of existing or new components, systems and structures and confers on application of new developments in existing equipment available to the industry.
• Vendors - As directed by the Electrical Facility Manager, secures ordering information and prices for materials, equipment, spare parts, replacement equipment, etc., and exchanges information and relevant application data.
• Delegate duties and responsibilities to employees with full recognition that overall accountability is retained and see that assigned personnel perform on their own initiative and without prior approval of all the activities described in their position descriptions.
• Perform Emergency Generator and UPS Operations and troubleshooting to support on-air operations.
• Manages the department Lock out Tag out Program and ensures compliance.
• Must be aware of personnel requirements for the Facilities department and make recommendations for changes.
• Orient new employees and help train them regarding shift O&M required routines.
• Recommend special training for assigned employees when indicated by job performance and other on-shift activities in accordance with personnel policies and subject to approval of the Facility Manager.
• Perform or oversees emergency generator and UPS Battery load banking.
• Ensures that work is performed in accordance with good industry practices and Turner Properties, Inc., safety regulations and procedures.
• Ensures all electrical work meets national and local code(s).
• Performs daily broadcast engineering checklist, ensures all air-critical equipment is functioning within operating parameters.
• Assists with office moves and relocations.
• Assists with bureau event set up and tear down, on site and off.
• Plans and coordinates electrical installation in minor construction.
• Inventory and stocks all matter of bureau supplies, backfills the mailroom attendant, operates various package delivery systems, delivers packages/mail as necessary, backfills TFS personnel, drives company vehicles to pick up supplies and personnel on an on-needed basis.
• Minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible electrical experience required.
• Must possess a general working knowledge of electrical components, systems and structures, tools, test instruments, and proper procedures related to installation, start-up, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment associated with buildings requiring general facilities care and cleaning practices.
• Experience working with electrical and HVAC equipment.
• Apprenticeship program or equivalent OJT
• High School diploma or equivalent, Valid Journeyman's Electricians license
• Must possess a valid Driver's License.
• Familiarity with the Metropolitan DC area desirable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxx3k-34-239-177-24-42 in your application.