Vice President, Business Affairs
Warner Bros., a division of WB Studio Enterprises Inc. seeks an Investigator for the Warner Bros. Labor Relations Department, reporting to the Senior Vice President Labor Relations and Director/Counsel Labor Relations (Investigations). This position will be primarily responsible for conducting investigations and issuing discipline, if needed, as well as coaching and counseling for the signatory production units it supports, including, but not limited to, television, facilities, etc.
• Investigate and resolve employee relations-related complaints of all union-represented employees in the following bargaining units: WGA, DGA, SAG-AFTRA, IATSE, Basic Crafts, AFM, SEIU, UNITE-HERE, SSFA, and OPEIU. Complaint matters include, but are not limited to, harassment & discrimination; insubordination; bullying / hostile work environment; retaliation; drugs & alcohol; conflict of interest; verbal altercations; threats and violence in the workplace; misappropriation of company property / theft.
• In doing so, the candidate must be able to:
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience with the complaint process.
• Assess the interconnection of employment laws that impact an investigation and its outcomes, such as, ADA, EEOC, FLSA, NLRA, etc.
• Recommend and implement the appropriate discipline, up to and including discharge, when appropriate. This may require interaction with a variety of other Warner Bros. divisions, including Corporate Legal, Security, Leave of Absence, and facility and production executives.
• Manages and coordinates professional matters with Labor Relations professional staff. Ensures effective workflow within the organization. Must understand, interpret, and communicate priorities in a diplomatic manner.
• College Degree in related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working in employee relations, human resources, legal, environment required.
• Previous experience working in a production and/or union environment is beneficial
• Must have computer skills in Word and Outlook; and Excel is preferred
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
• Proficiency in Word and Outlook required.
• Knowledge of employment law is required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have the ability to independently organize, prioritize, and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to be discreet and to keep information strictly confidential.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7wm6-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.