Senior Infrastructure Engineer
The Infrastructure Manager's functional responsibilities within the Media Technology infrastructure group will include the planning, deployment, configuration and administration of our network, storage, cloud and on-premise physical & virtualised infrastructure in the date centre/server room.
This role manages the core technical infrastructure, including internal and external facing file / application servers, and networking devices. Provisioning and maintenance of services including systems and support contracts and local voice and data links. System and network administration, audit, documentation/reporting, database, storage and security systems, asset management, backup and Business continuity planning / reporting. People management such as Team organisation, planning, mentoring and tasking.
This role will assist with the implementation, testing and management of WarnerMedia Media Management, Workflow, media supply chain and Edit Systems which provides to media to various teams across WarnerMedia. Working closely with local and global operational teams to achieve the business requirements.
The candidate must be a strong team leader and player, possess a keen eye for detail, to be able to work to tight deadlines and possess the ability to prioritize and coordinate. This role requires a high level of computer literacy
Areas of Responsibility:
1) Infrastructure Management, monitoring, specification, documentation and control: 30%
• Direct responsibility for maintaining core infrastructure located throughout the Asia Pacific regional offices including the instances in the Cloud and datacenters.
• Ensuring the environment is secured, managed (within environmental norms), and accurately inventoried and audited.
• Ensuring key systems and services such as those that are public facing or with an appropriate criticality or sensitivity are monitored in real time and that any critical events are actioned to remedy (examples - Media servers, applications, storage, Telephony, Cloud Systems and relevant databases).
• Keeping systems current, planning for replacement of hardware/software coming out of life and ensuring production systems are under appropriate support contract and maintenance.
• Specification of new systems for capacity and growth. Documentation of existing systems and services, with continual review of such documentation to ensure accuracy and appropriate information is recorded for continuity purposes.
• Enforcement of controls - ensuring that implemented systems for control such as security compliance, patching/change management, life cycle management, handling tickets assignment and access authorization processes are adhered to, tested and consistent.
2) Team Leadership, Management, Direction: 25%
• Ensure work coming into the team is handled in a timely manner. Make sure tickets are allocated out and appropriately handled or escalated as required.
• Communicate within the team, allocate workload, promote sharing of team knowledge.
• Plan and manage teamwork schedules, training needs, career development and day to day needs.
• Regularly update own team and those within the group on current developments and technology initiatives.
• Taking the team in the right technological direction.
3) Point of Reference and Escalation: 10%
• Acting within the escalation path for issues that require senior level guidance from own team and within the group.
• Provide technical knowledge and expertise for internal members of the group.
• Facilitation for locating information sources if required knowledge not be readily available.
4) Project Management/DR/Audit for Systems and Services: 10%
• Provisioning for projects, DR and Audit - staffing, equipment, training and mediation on any changes to process or procedure identified as required.
• Ongoing project/System DR documentation inclusive of timelines, resource charts, meeting materials and notes.
• Documentation for any new technology delivered including a maintenance plan for said technologies.
• Continued ownership for systems DR, backup and recovery as defined by Criticality.
5) Collaboration, communication and co-operation: 15%
• Regularly communicate with international teams in Europe, US and LATAM to ensure appropriate support and standards are shared.
• Ensure co-operative policy and process adopted in particular through systems globally present - such as email, backups, security.
6) Business Change: 10%
• Participation and lead on staff teams encouraging development of the group and adoption of best practices. Includes efforts to adopt business standards from ITIL and other frameworks relevant to some business dimensions.
Areas of Accountability:
• Local office consists of 300+ people, visibility of this role involves regular meetings with the members of various team heads along with customers from the business.
• The operational and engineering staff deal with users requests per week originating from Singapore and other offices when full time and non-employee staff numbers are combined. Tickets logged are handled within the team according to the SLA.
This role manages/liaison with infrastructure and cloud engineers (vendors, service providers and contractors as needed)
• Years of experience: minimum 6 years of Network (WAN/LAN) and server/cloud infrastructure managerial / supervisory capacity in a regional environment.
• Broad knowledge and experience in virtualization products (VMWare, Hyper-V)
• Experience in supporting Windows / Linux / Mac environment
• Experience in virtualization technologies, integration, storage management tools and capacity plan
• Experience in cloud infrastructure solutions like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
• Ability to work with vendors / 3rd party providers for deployment and troubleshooting of server system and storage
• Ability to handle and assign multiple BAU tasks and project works using project management tools
• Other: Possess strong analytical, good communication and interpersonal skills, must be able to work independently with exceptional communications / customer services skills in a fast pace international office integration
• Experience in Microsoft Domain, Active Directory, Office 365, GPO and DNS
• Ability to Team Lead/Management of multiple technical engineers and subject matter experts
• Broad knowledge and experience in Data Centre operation and Cloud technologies
• Ability to support Windows and Mac operating systems
• Experience in broadcast and media domain such as media supply chain technologies
• General knowledge of Database technology e.g. Oracle, MSSQL
• Broad knowledge and experience in project management knowledge inclusive of PMO tools and standards
• Ability to apply data communications principles and experience of Cisco / Palo Alto products including Routers, Switches, firewalls and other network and datacom products
• Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Technologies
• Other: Technical certifications from VMware, Red Hat, Microsoft, Cisco, Palo Alto or equivalent