WarnerMedia, LLC seeks a Head of Strategy for the CFO department.
The strategy function is charged with the development of WarnerMedia's strategy by working across business units to understand and evaluate our competitive position in light of changing market dynamics and an overall imperative to drive growth. The Vice President will be a key member of this team and will work closely with the WarnerMedia corporate team business executives across the company to drive important initiatives. .
This highly visible position will involve working closely with the WarnerMedia Executive Team, including the CEO, and key functions across all divisions to develop and implement global business strategy and help steer the corporate direction.
The role involves working closely with divisional executives at WarnerMedia, as well AT&T corporate.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Evaluating WarnerMedia's asset mix and opportunities around new businesses and extensions of existing businesses.
• Identifying in collaboration with EVP and other senior executives, strategies and portfolio opportunities that will profitably grow the corporation in alignment with the strategic plan.
• Assessing fit, feasibility, and financial impact of new corporate and divisional strategic investments and making appropriate recommendations.
• Collaborating with executives across AT&T
on cross-divisional projects or transactions, business development activities to build external relationships in the TMT sector
• Conducting and overseeing financial analyses, including the development of detailed financial and operating models, valuations and ad hoc analyses as required.
• Working on variety of high-level special projects including competitive due diligence.
• Working closely with, and mentoring, junior team members to develop their analytical skills, industry knowledge and leadership abilities.
The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, strategically minded yet also operationally-oriented, and highly collaborative. They will be a well-rounded corporate executive with the ability to lead strategic have significant interpersonal skills to excel in a multi-faceted corporation with significant experience leading matrixed teams. They will handle stressful situations in a professional and balanced manner and will serve as a mentor, leader, and partner across the organization in a dynamic environment. Always willing to roll up their sleeves with an attention to excellence at all levels
• 10+ years of and/or corporate development experience.
• Specific experience in the Media& Communications sector is heavily favoured.
• Strategic thinking capability balanced with tactical and implementation/execution skills.
• Exceptional influencing skills and preferred experience working cross functionally across many areas and levels of an organization.
• Must have excellent analytical skills, a logical thought process, and outstanding communication skills.
• Specific expertise in developing strategic alternatives with cross functional implications and financial impact
• Exceptional leadership and management skills.
Bachelor's degree, MBA and or other advance degree strongly preferred