Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Warner Bros Discovery seeks a Head of Global Production Finance to lead the newly integrated production finance Center of Excellence ''CoE''. This position will oversee the globally aligned production finance organization and related functions for WBD's brands including HBO/HBO Max, WB Pictures, WBTV, and Networks. The Head of Global Production Finance will lead a team responsible for the financial management of our in-house and 3rd party productions. The team's main responsibilities include show budgeting, management of ongoing production costs through cost reporting, establishment and oversight of accounting teams for each show heading into production, and management of effective internal controls for each show (system access, bank accounts, funding). The Head of Global Production Finance will interface with executives across multiple business units and functions including Production, Divisional Finance, Business Affairs, Studio Operations, Legal, Treasury, and People & Culture. You must have a willingness to model WBD's values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, and advocate data driven decision making while committing to fostering best-in-class talent.
• Responsible for the strategic financial priorities of productions and oversight of day to day production finance team
• Establish production finance policy and procedure, including a production finance manual. Oversee the establishment of proper internal controls and ensure show production budgets are developed, monitored, and reported out to Production Executives, Studio Executives, and Divisional finance
• Establish consistent policies and procedures for freelance Production Accounting teams and implement across WBD
• Supervise monthly Production cash flow reporting for shows in production in support of the corporate cash management process
• Establish and implement standard reporting requirements across WBD, accounting procedures, and oversee show cost reporting
• Liase with Production Executives, show accountants, producers, business affairs, labor, and corporate finance
• Oversee the global Production Finance team supporting WBD's brands including HBO/HBO Max, WB Pictures, WBTV, and Networks
• Recruit, retain, and develop talent capable of becoming world class financial leaders
• Other duties as assigned
• 15+ years of progressive experience in Production or Production Finance related field
• 10+ years of managing a large dynamic team with global reach
• Experience in both Production Finance, Cash Management, and Corporate FP&A
• Ability to communicate effectively in real-time and operate collaboratively with other senior leaders across WBD
• Ability to lead effectively with minimal guidance with trust, integrity, and respect
• Excellent ability to manage multiple projects and hit aggressive deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to effectively communicate financial and business issues with finance and non-finance colleagues alike
• Excellent attention to detail. High quality, consistent deliverables.
• Effective managerial skills required for direct reports, remote staff, and a matrixed organization structure. Remote leadership experience preferred.
• Occasional travel will be needed
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
• MBA and/or CPA preferred
Location: Los Angeles, other locations considered based on experience
Current WBD employees will be given preferential consideration for this opportunity.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r700y9-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.