This position heads up the finance team for Warner Bros. International Television Production Netherlands, Blazhoffski Productions and Hollands Licht Productions (further named as ''WBITVP'') and is a key member of the WBITVP Netherlands management team with overall responsibility for FP&A, monthly reporting, production & operational finance.
The position is responsible for ensuring that all financial transactions are accounted for on an accurate and timely basis, that the budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes deliver valuable and correct information/data and to support senior management, ITVP and the rest of the wider community with reports and analysis that help in managing the business towards its strategic goals.
Where required, the individual will partner with the senior management team on commercial affairs, the WBITVP Business Partner for the Netherlands on all FP&A and reporting matters, and with the WBITVP GBS Finance team who are responsible for accounting and corporate finance matters.
What you'll be doing:
• Responsible for monthly and quarterly reporting of financial performance of the Netherlands entities under US GAAP and WBITVP Accounting Policies/Guidance
• Manages financial reporting of the slate and correct revenue recognition for production and other revenues, including preparation of funding templates for scripted slates for any non-standard titles
• Works with Central Europe Hub Controller and ensures correct accounting treatment of all financial postings, and with ITVP FP&A to confirm monthly accounting close sign off on a timely basis
Planning and forecasts
• Responsible for quarterly forecasting cycles. Support the Business Director in preparation of forecast slate, models, labour planning & recoveries templates, and intercompany allocation schedules and related variance analysis
• Review of forecast materials with Business Director in advance of all submissions to ITVP FP&A and review and responds to Business Partner comments/questions
• Responsible for monthly cash reporting and forecasting, including monthly forecast template submissions and variance analysis to ITVP FP&A, including reconciliation of Operating Income to Free Cashflow
• Responsible for TV production banking activities (bank & payroll signatory), including local cash
Production and operational finance
• Preparation of capital expenditure request submissions and supporting business cases as needed
• Contribute to commercial decision-making process & challenge production teams in the achievement of targets set by the Managing and Business Directors
• Ensure the production accountants and administration staff teams are adequately structured, organized and motivated to provide the best service and timely reporting to all business stakeholders. Works closely with Central Europe Hub Controller to set objectives & deliverables for Netherlands GBS teams
• Be responsible for ensuring production finance, and operational systems, controls and processes operate in accordance with company policies and WB corporate guidelines and ensures that the company follows group policies for operation of Just Produce (production accounting system) and related P2P processes
Other compliance and control
• Working with the WBITVP GBS Finance and tax teams to coordinate, monitor and ensure accurate and timely local tax compliance, particularly TV tax credits and media funding
• In conjunction with Business Director & Head of Productions, model, support and ensure appropriate controls exist for negotiations with clients/partners on all media funding, other finance, tax credit, contractual matters and other business and commercial affairs issues
What we're looking for:
• Relevant previous work experience - experience in TV production industry is essential
• Experience of having worked in a multinational organization with ability to manage teams through change and lead the local business process initiatives would be an advantage
• Good understanding of the international TV market is essential, including programme making, the production process and deal making
• Proven track record working successfully with senior business leaders, creative heads, operational and financial management
• Responsibility for end to end financial planning and reporting processes for both P&L and cash
• Strategic thinking capability with good overall business skills, commercially aware and grounded but with the ability to be ''hands-on'' when required
• Able to lead and build a motivated team; an enthusiastic ''builder''
• Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deal with the various internal and external stakeholders
• Worked in an environment with strong compliance and controls focus. Able to assess financial risk in business and production processes and to follow up with appropriate mitigation and controls
• University degree and finance qualification, with significant post-qualification experience
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia:
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wq8m-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.