The Senior Accountant position exists as it is a backfill position. The Programming team is responsible for the accounting support of film asset and amortization expense accounting and for all WarnerMedia domestic and international business units, including Domestic and International Legacy Turner, HBO, and HBO Max. The Programming team is also responsible for Domestic Sports Rights and Participations accounting, domestic residuals account, and all related financial statement reporting.
• Prepare and review complex entries and supporting documentation to ensure accurate reporting to the GL in PeopleSoft and Oracle as well as analytical procedures and trouble shooting on Scarlett
• Prepare account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications in Cadency and Excel
• Prepare and communicate detailed variance analyses to management.
• Lead special projects and proactively develop accurate ad hoc analyses for management to make informed decisions
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles (US GAAP), including intercompany and foreign currency accounting.
• Must have experience with ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or PeopleSoft.
• PC Skills: Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel or Access required.
• Good communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills.
• Ability to solve complex problems while leveraging team member expertise.
• Exemplifies the values and expectations of a senior accountant at WM, which include a high level of executive presence, professionalism, ethical standards, integrity and credibility.
• Demonstrates leadership through persuasion and motivation, planning and organizing, taking initiative and making appropriate decisions.
• Communicates effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person, via email or other digital format and on the telephone.
• Pays close attention to detail and understands written and oral instructions.
• Organizes and schedules work effectively.
• Can multi-task and work well under time constraints.
• Works well in a fast-paced environment with ongoing change.
• Works independently and meet deadlines.
• 3+ years previous work experience in an accounting or finance field.
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in Accounting required.
• CPA preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxb5k-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.