Sr. Specialist, Mastering
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Full Stack Web Application Engineer for the Digital Product, Platform & Strategy: Content Mgmt & Distribution department. The Software Engineer will be a member of the Media Supply Chain (MSC) team within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization, the position will be responsible for hands on development, managing application launches with the program/project management owner, and contribute towards software maintenance from inception to launch. The Software Engineer must understand business functions, interface with external vendors, and have a clear understanding of the requirements in translating them into functionality for the Media Supply Chain.
The Media Supply Chain – Who We Are
Media Supply Chain is tasked to architect, engineer, and program manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our internal partners who operationally manage and distribute WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for scheduling, image & asset metadata management, as well as, content processing and delivery as well as content mastering, localization and preservation. We are the team pioneering new ways to process and deliver WarnerMedia content to its global customers
The Media Supply Chain – Mission
Our mission is to provide and sustain practical, innovative, agile software and technology solutions which are highly reliable, automated, measurable, optimized, modern systems capable of distributing high-quality content and metadata to our domestic and global platforms & partners.
• Develop and provide support for core functionality and components for applications and services in support of Content Mastering and Preservation aspects by starting with business needs and objectives, creating functional and technical specifications and executing against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
• Review project objectives and determine best technology for implementation. Implement best practice standards for development, build and deployment automation while working with a team of engineers.
• Review emerging technologies and evaluate potential uses for WarnerMedia (WM) Technology and other divisions. Develop prototype projects using new technologies.
• Evaluate software products and vendors for WM Technology and other divisions. Recommend action, develop and lead implementation of selected products/services.
• Work with internal and external developers to ensure WM Technology code standards and best practices are performed for development of applications.
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• AWS Developer Certification preferred.
• 6+ years software development experience.
• Expert Level PHP 7.
• Significant experience with NodeJS 11+, preferably in a serverless environment such as lambda.
• Full knowledge of the LAMP stack and best practices in software architecture in scaling using Memcache & Redis.
• Expert at MySQL, writing queries, best practices and understands read explain plans and database design.
• Experience with source code and knowledge repositories such as git, jira, or equivalent systems.
• Experience developing in AWS at scale leveraging core services such as Lambda, RDS, and EC2.
• Experience identifying and working to eliminate technical debt.
• Experience with Build and Deployment tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, or equivalent.
• Proficient in a Linux environment.
• Significant experience with DevOps practices and SDLC in an agile environment.
• Ability to work directly with business stakeholders and program/project owners to refine and deliver applications and workflows to specification.
• Overall knowledge of the media & entertainment industry business preferred.
• Overall knowledge of WarnerMedia's business processes, technologies and applications that support it is preferred.
• Ability to work with outside vendors and clients under sometimes adverse circumstances and under time critical constraints.
• Must be able communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel (in person, written, telephone).
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, if and when necessary.
• Must be able to respond to after-hours pager notifications to provide support for applications as necessary.