Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio's powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera.
The division's successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc. seeks an Associate for the Franchise Management & Marketing department. The Associate is a member of the Global Franchise Management & Marketing team, responsible for supporting WBCP's Wizarding World franchise (Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts). This team is responsible for the global management of the brand within Consumer Products which includes developing and driving the CP Global Franchise Plan and marketing activations.
The Associate role is responsible for assisting with marketing approvals; marketing initiatives, and marketing materials; as well as assisting with the execution of all marketing strategies for the Wizarding World franchises as assigned.
The position requires a deep knowledge of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts stories as well as strong written and verbal communication and liaising with internal and external parties, including but not limited to other WBCP departments (Category, Retail Business Development, Creative, Finance, Legal, etc.) WB Divisions (WB Pictures, Home Ent., Portkey Games, Harry Potter Global Franchise Development), The Blair Partnership, vendors, colleagues around the world, etc.
• Reviews, routes and approves all licensee and retailer marketing submissions for the Wizarding World portfolio
• Develops materials for franchise presentation decks, licensee and retailer pitch decks, sizzle videos, and similar related materials needed to drive the brand
• Assists with acquisition, development, approval and use of Theatrical, WBIE, and TV assets
• Obtains necessary internal, external and 3rd party approvals (including but not limited to Legal, Brand Assurance usage rights, and Talent) for all CP driven marketing materials and assets for licensees and promotional partners
• Maintains Brand Assurance guidelines and ensures timely updates and team communication
• Coordinates outside resources, agencies, and vendors, along with associated deadlines for development, budget and delivery
• Solicits industry and competitive trend information from Sales/Retail, Category, Creative/Product Development and Global Insights teams as well as external data sources
• Supports in the development of franchise strategies and marketing initiatives
• Performs other special projects as required and assigned by supervisor
• Minimum 3 years' marketing experience required
• Previous marketing experience required – having a clear understanding and demonstrated working application of marketing principles and trends
• Franchise management experience a plus
• Experience in the entertainment industry a plus
• College Graduate with coursework in marketing or equivalent work experience preferred
• Deep knowledge of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts stories required
• Must have a clear understanding of the dynamics and needs of licensing
• A proactive, solutions-oriented problem-solver who excels at creative ideation
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and presentation software programs
• Flexible and adaptable – capable of balancing shifting priorities in a highly matrixed organization
• Must have effective communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of digital platforms and media marketing tools
• Must be well organized with effective and proven planning and follow-through skills
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and remotely (e.g., telepresence, video conference, etc.)
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must have the ability to organize, schedule and prioritize work effectively
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m9m8-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.