The Floor Director is responsible for managing the studio floor during studio tapings and live programming.
• Work closely with show Director communicating directions, timing cues and instructions to talent and guests as well as studio crew.
• Coordinate all movement of people and equipment in and out of the studio during production.
• Preproduction responsibilities include: participating in production meetings, turning on and checking signal on all monitoring and display devices, assisting director with camera blocking and placement, alerting scenic of set changes during production.
• Manage needs of talent on set, making sure they are fully prepared for air.
• Document studio technical and scenic set-up for each production.
• Handle audio responsibilities on set as needed and assist lighting with troubleshooting any issues on set.
• Must be able to manage and communicate clearly with a studio audience.
• One of the keys to our success is the close-knit nature of the working relationship within our control room and studio crews and with their managers, directors and producers.
• CNN is a 24/7 news operation and this position may include working on weekend shows.
• 3-5 years experience in a facility (network, station, production house) engaged in multiple camera production
• Experience working with talent, guests and audiences preferred
• Must be able to succeed under the pressure of a live television production environment, exhibit great attention to detail, and be a team player
• Must be able to prioritize and service multiple requests, demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills, remain calm under pressure, and show a willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
• Must be available to work weekends and travel for show production as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw984y-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.