Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks an Analyst, Financial Master Data for the Enterprise Technology: WB Finance & Planning Solutions department.
The Analyst, Financial Master Data position for the Finance & Planning Solutions group will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating Financial Master Data that has been created in the development, test and production environments. This position will develop and implement enhancement or projects involving, financial master data clean-up; creation and testing of new master data tools, and implementation of end-user transactions for self-service master data creation. This position will perform hands on master data creation and work with other service providers, technology teams and business stakeholders to ensure adherence to policies, procedures and software industry best practices.
• Perform Financial master data configuration activities and run reports to analyze existing master data as directed by application owners for SAP Financials and the Master Data Hub.
• Monitors overall delivery of financial master data to supported financial teams and trouble shoot when needed.
• Build and execute system queries using SAP or other system tools like Excel to compare and find anomalies within the master data.
• Working with service providers master data team, review quality of master data for accuracy and timeliness.
• Perform quality control activities.
• Collaborate with Technology team members to help design and implement process and technical tool improvements/enhancements/automation.
• Deliver technical training and guidance to members and users of master data.
• Document, develop, and transform technical processes including building of training material
• Work with technology teams and service providers to complete master data cleanup efforts on financial objects such as vendors and customers. Build and run queries using Excel or system tool to extract data. Analyze and provide feedback on duplicate records, data inconsistencies or other data anomalies.
• 1 to 3 years of experience reviewing, analyzing and providing input on data quality.
• Experience with creating Excel workbooks, filtering, pivot tables, macros and other functions
• Some knowledge and practical application of the software development life cycle (SDLC), with industry standard best practice methodologies.
• General knowledge of SOX controls and processes preferred.
• Experience with business process improvement preferred.
• Some financials accounting knowledge desired
• Bachelor's Degree required, Computer Science/Engineering and/or related experience preferred.
• Detailed understanding of reporting tools and capabilities.
• Experience managing data extracts
• SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle Financials or equivalent or ERP experience desired
• Intermediate experience with Excel required
• Microsoft Access and SQL and working knowledge of relational databases preferred
• Data analysis practices.
• Test Data Management Practices.
• Experience working in a matrixed support organization.
• Strong knowledge of Excel and Excel query functions.
• Demonstrated analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
• Must be an advocate for quality.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must be comfortable working with a reasonable level of autonomy after instruction.