Finance Apprentice - Ricochet (Brighton)
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
You are expected to process all purchase invoices accurately and in a timely manner for the company (Ricochet).
Other duties will include bank reconciliation, credit card and petty cash expenses, and other accounting duties to keep the account departments running smoothly.
• Make sure suppliers are set up on the system
• Raising Purchase Orders (PO) for corporate invoices
• Coding of corporate invoices, rejecting PO's which have been raised but not matched
• Matching invoices to PO on the system
• Attaching invoices onto Just Produce (production accounting software) entries
• Liaising with Production staff and the Junior Production Accountant
• To ensure invoices are authorised by the correct signatories
• Payments (.Net)
• Creating BACS file in Just Produce
• Making BACS payment using Barclays.net
• Other payments such as International or same day payments when required
• Posting of the payment journals
• Assisting vendors with account queries
• Reviewing supplier statements
• Reconciling the AP dedger
• Reconciling all production/development/corporate bank accounts
Credit Cards & or P-Cards
• Ordering of credit cards
• Cancellation of credit cards
• Increase or decrease of card limits
• Sending out credit card statements and chasing up the expenses from the card holders
• Processing expense claims for production, development and corporate staff
• Ensure proper sign off and matching of claim form to receipts
• Checking treatment of VAT
• Posting petty cash journals on Just Produce
• Posting the post production supplier invoices onto Navision on a monthly basis
• Filing of accounting documents
• Purchase invoices
• Petty Cash by productions
• Assisting the production team with any accounts queries
• Strong attention to detail
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Problem analysis and decision making
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with persons at all levels (internal and external)
• Must be a team player
• Must be able to take ownership of the role
• Must be able to work well with production & finance staff across the company
• Must be proactive
• Experience of using accounting software, ideally including Navision and SAP
• Salary: £21 ,000
• Contract Length: 1 8 months
• Start Date: Likely to be 12th September 2022
• 20 days annual leave
• You will gain hands-on experience working on business-critical projects.
• You will have to opportunity to network and build relationships with professionals, executives, and other students passionate about their field.
• You will work with industry professionals to best position yourself for a full-time position upon graduation/completion of internship.
• You will be enrolled on our Early Careers learning & training programme, as well as having access to personal and professional development courses, executive speakers' series, special screenings and more.
• You will have the chance to give back to the community.
• You will be one of over 100 WBD Early Careers employees, meaning you will have an important support network of other students, graduates and apprentices and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5524-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.