Warner Bros. Pictures, a division of WB Studio Enterprises Inc. seeks a Feature Production Trainee for the Production Management department. As directed, learns/trains to be exposed to all facets of production as well as Warner Bros. production policies and procedures. Provides assistance to the EVP, Physical Production & Administration and SVP, Physical Production and other personnel in the department while learning all aspects of feature production.
• Works with the EVP, Physical Production & Administration and SVP, Physical Production and their Coordinators. As directed, advises production personnel of WB policies and procedures; services; charge numbers; explains petty cash procedures and assists with any other questions production personnel may have.
• Manages/schedules calendar for EVP, Physical Production & Administration and SVP Physical Production
• As directed, disseminates information to various departments on the lot, including Music, Legal, Corporate Insurance, Business Affairs and Editorial, regarding feature production issues.
• Learns how to break down possible feature scripts and identify necessary elements. Becomes acquainted with special equipment, cash availability and any other requirements for complete coverage of the script. Develops preliminary production schedules and scriptboards used for estimating purposes on Fasttrack scheduling program, beat sheets, and reviewing of budgeting top sheet.
• Observes and interacts with various on-production departments and crews to acquire a thorough understanding of all elements used in production.
• Studies and researches, as needed, contractual obligations from SAG, SEG, DGA, IATSE, and other union agreements in order to assist effectively with all stages of production.
• Occasionally attends meeting with Warner Bros. executives to learn how production related problems are resolved.
• Assists department heads and their assistants/coordinators in assuring smooth workflow.
• Updates Rate Comparison Data Base to ensure accuracy of credit information given to producers and executives.
• Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Education in film, communication or related field is strongly preferred.
• Twelve months of feature experience as a production assistant, secretary or staff assistant preferred.
• Some experience in the entertainment field required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel.
• Must have the ability to work under time constraints.
• Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
• Must be well organized and have good attention to detail.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to adapt to varied personalities associated with film production.
• Mac and PC skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. MM Budgeting & Scheduling preferred.
• Knowledge of basic math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage.
• Knowledge of report, letter, etc. format.
• Ability to research on the internet
• Answers telephones, photocopies, and distributes all production materials
• Must be able to manage heavy phones and roll calls
• Ability to interpret production material such as call sheets, production reports, actor's daily time reports, cast and crew lists, schedules, day out of days, etc. preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1qv7-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.