Purpose of the Position
This position will be managing the creative execution and production of shows within the Original Production and Development team based out of Singapore. The Executive Producer oversees the department to ensure the efficient completion of productions and with a focus on the highest standard of quality, delivery on time and on budget.
In addition, the Production Manager works with the VP of Kids Content as well as the Director of Original Productions on identifying, producing and creating a robust pipeline of animated content for the Asia Pacific region, works on nurturing and developing up and coming production houses and creators as well as assists the VP and Director on liaison with government agencies, media development boards and associations in organizing engagement activities such as masterclasses, workshops and events, as delegated.
CONTENT DEVELOPMENT - 40%:
Understanding overall corporate goals and working with the team on developing animated kids' projects for Cartoon Network, Pogo and Boomerang
• Partner with Director to identify IP to up and coming creators, studios and potential concepts
• Work closely with the creators and development team to ensure that all development goals and deadlines are met
• Manage and prepare materials for the greenlight process
CONTENT PRODUCTION - 40%:
Working with the Original Production and Development team on animated kids' projects for Cartoon Network, Pogo and Boomerang.
• Will engage and manage talent as well as a series team that will successfully deliver on the strategic vision set by VP Kids and Director OPD
• Will set and communicate the creative vision for the show, build and enhance the show run down, propose new program concepts and provide compelling and upscale storytelling
• Oversee production, working closely with the production team to ensure that all production goals and deadlines are met. When issues/problems arise, the EP will flag to the Director and bring forward suggestions on how to resolve the issues/problems. When the Director is out of the office, cover all applicable responsibilities
• Liaising with various departments on legal as well as OP delivery, materials, assets and payments
• On top of creative notes, also track legal and S&P notes
• Liaising with various regional animation studios on short-form, series and feature length productions
• Main contact with partner studios and to work closely with them to ensure that the projects are on track and clear on expectations for the week. Flag any delays from Turner to Partner and vice versa. Ensure that new requests from the partners are reviewed and responded to in a timely manner.
• Manages, mentors and guides the Production Managers on a daily basis to ensure all show needs are met
COLLABORATION AND VALUE ADDING (Internal Stakeholders) - 10%:
Ensuring that OPD supports other LOBs and values adds to the overall corporate vision
• Manage internal communications between department
• Engage various LOBs on the intricacy of OPD
INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (External Stakeholders) - 10%:
Understanding market trends and building a network of best-in-class partners in the region and across the globe
• Engage external partners at various markets
• Develop a list of go-to partners from government/funding agencies, creators to studios and nurture the relationships
• Broad knowledge and experience in Animation workflows and pipelines
• Degree or equivalent experience in Animation production
• Experience in animation regardless of previous roles, particularly in the Asia Pacific region
• Fluent in English written and oral communication skills, other Asian languages a plus
• General knowledge of Accounting
• Keen interest in Animation Management/Producing
• Ability to Manage remote teams
• Above average skills in Cross cultural communication
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0nmb1-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.