A CNN Electronic Graphics Operator (EGO) plays an integral role as part of the live control room production team. A CNN EGO has a keen eye for attention to detail and thrives in the fast-paced 24x7 news environment while being responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all graphic elements.
• Recalling, preparing and organizing text and graphics for a variety of productions.
• Proof reading of text information before use to ensure accuracy in spelling, network style, and editorial content.
• Collaborating with editorial show team members to ensure accuracy of all show graphic elements.
• Testing and organizing show graphics, download codes and show descriptions in regard to assigned shows.
• Handling overview training of those new to the department.
• Troubleshooting and critical analysis of issues, including follow-up and documentation of on/off air discrepancies
• College degree or equivalent prior experience working in a live control room production environment preferred
• Fluent in Windows-based applications
• Average to above average spelling ability
• Ability and desire to work under pressure and in 24x7 'live news' environment
• Attention to detail, overall positive attitude, and ability to work well with others
• Open to and accepting of new technologies as well as the ability to quickly learn those new technologies
• Desirable requirements (not mandatory) include:
Prior experience with VizRT Trio and Pilot, or comparable CG equipment in a live control room environment.
• If applicable, a participant in CNN Technical Operations departmental training program
• Strong multi-tasking skillset
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb166e-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.