WarnerMedia seeks an Electrician II for the CNN Center Maintenance department.
• To safely and efficiently assist in the testing and check-out of new and existing equipment and systems; maintenance and repair of all electrical components, systems and structures as directed; and contribute efforts and ideas which will insure their proper operation, performance and reliability.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Works in conjunction with the Lead Electrician /Electrical Manager to help implement an effective P.M. program for all electrical components and systems. e.g. emergency diesel generators, UPS, fire alarm, Fenwal systems, batteries and breakers.
• Ensures that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed.
• Regular use of electrical test equipment, operation and dissemination of lnfared Technology, load banking equipment, battery testing, emergency paralleling switchgear.
• Loading and unloading emergency diesel generators and placing UPS systems in by pass operation.
• Regularly inspects assigned equipment to ensure proper operation.
• Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the Lead Electrician/Electrical Manager.
• Required to pass oral board examinations of emergency systems, actions and communications.
• Read and interpret electrical drawings, operations manuals, control schematics, etc.
• Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the Lead Electrician /Electrical Manager. e.g. inspect and repair infrared discrepancies.
• Load test emergency diesel generators and UPS batteries.
• Troubleshoot and repair building fire alarm systems.
• Align fuel transfer and start air systems.
• Perform Emergency Generator and UPS Operations and troubleshooting to support on-air operations.
• Provides input in developing annual planning for capital expenditures.
• Minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible electrical experience required.
• Must possess a general working knowledge of electrical components, systems and structures, tools, test instruments, and proper procedures related to installation, start-up, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment associated with buildings requiring general facilities care and cleaning practices. e.g. emergency diesel generators, UPS systems, batteries, fire suppression systems, paralleling switchgear, automatic transfer switches and switchgear breakers and controls.
• Monitors work of personnel to ensure correct procedures are being followed and provide assistance when necessary.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo1e6-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.