Summary of Position:
The Editor role will manage a line of editorial products within the DC Universe imprint.
• Develops and performs content and line edits for assigned titles.
• Manages the creative process from conception through publication. Ensures that schedules and budgets are met, and product quality meets or exceeds DC's editorial standards. Seeks ways to keep ongoing series fresh and exciting.
• Builds and maintains an extensive list of author, artist, and agent contacts.
• Identifies and develops new editorial products for the DC Universe.
• Writes tip sheets, cover copy, catalog copy, and other relevant material, and ensures that Sales and Marketing have the required materials in advance of due dates for partners and distributors.
• Ensures that all content is developmentally and thematically appropriate for the intended audiences.
• Supervises and develops junior staff members.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• At least six (6) years of editorial experience.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification:
• Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Publishing, Cinema Studies, or Art preferred.
• Ability to manage a creative team and meet or exceed deadlines required.
• Knowledge of art (ability to discuss composition, design, etc.) required.
• Developmental editing experience required.
• Copy-editing and proofreading skills (CMOS) required.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing required.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers and other levels of personnel.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
• Must have the ability to organize.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Must have the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple project elements simultaneously.
• Mac/PC proficiency required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Outlook, Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily Photoshop and Acrobat) required.
• Knowledge of and contacts in the publishing/comic book industry strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of core comic book mythologies and terminology strongly preferred.
• Up to 5% Domestic travel required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89z56-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.