Animation is one of the fastest growing and most creative content categories today in the entertainment industry, with an innovative and talent-rich roster boasting some of the most accomplished writers, producers and artists. Home to classic shows such as Looney Tunes Cartoons, Animaniacs, and originals such as Adventure Time, Craig of the Creek– Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network Studios create award-winning animation and lead in the development and production of kids & family and young adult entertainment.
The Studio Business Operations team is responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of WarnerMedia's three iconic, industry-leading animation studios – Warner Bros. Animation, Cartoon Network Studios and Hanna-Barbera Studios Europe. The team works with the WarnerMedia (''WM'') Global Kids, Young Adults and Classics organization (''KYAC''), as well as other groups across WM, including marketing, consumer products, home entertainment, franchise, finance, research & insights, and music. Among other things, the Studio Business Operations team develops tools, processes, strategies, and structures, by partnering with departments across the organization to build operation best practices, streamline information exchange, drive efficiency and create visibility to support our world-class storytellers and drive studio business goals. We are versatile, flexible and strategic hustlers passionate about content. We take pride in proactively identifying opportunities to support our creative and cross-functional partners and championing new studio initiatives in the dynamic world of animation.
The Director, Studio Business Operations will be a key member of our studios executive team and will report to the VP, Studio Content Business Operations to focus on adopting and improving best practices, developing new systems, processes, and tools to improve the effectiveness of the studio organizations. This role will oversee key operational functions such as process management, purchasing, guest services, and facilities liaison, while partnering closely with the VP on developing studio strategies, organizing cross-functional workstreams, and leading new studio initiatives. Ideal candidates have an entrepreneurial spirit and superior organization and communications skills, experience managing people and building scalable operations, and a track record of building strong relationships across an organization.
• Lead the development, review and execution of studio business and content processes, tools, systems, and best practices to drive operational excellence; identify gaps and proactively propose improvements
• Partner with functional leaders across the studios to execute efficient strategy, operations, and processes to support studio businesses, solve issues and drive growth
• Lead and mentor a small team that supports operational program management, purchasing, facilities liaison, and guest services; help develop the careers for team members
• Take on significant leadership role in designing and implementing a new hybrid-friendly work model that provides flexibility and structured support, including the development of new processes, communications, facilities management, employee engagement and culture
• Represent the studios in KYAC-wide collaborations and processes, help lead the execution and rollout of new efforts where possible
• Partner closely with VP to identify, scope and drive strategic high leverage projects
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders on strategic programs, business planning, resource allocation, and other ad hoc projects
• Be creative and entrepreneurial, constantly think about new ways to improve overall studio operations and employee/artist happiness
• 7+ Years of experience in operations, strategy, consulting, or general management
• Operational rigor combined with excellent business acumen, problem solving, project management and analytical skills
• Strong written and oral communications skills as well as ability to effectively influence stakeholders and lead cross-functional teams
• Enjoy both strategic, big picture thinking and rolling up your sleeves to execute / operationalize with great attention to detail
• Demonstrated success in standing up new processes and/or improving existing ones
• Experience managing people and leading teams in matrixed environments
• Self-starter who welcomes ambiguity and can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
• Resourceful, mature, collaborative, and demonstrated strong leadership
• Bachelor's degree or higher; MBA from a top-tier program a plus
• Interest in animation is a must! Prior entertainment industry experience preferred but not required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx9vm-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.