Administrative Assistant, Current Programming, Entertainment
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Scripted Creative for the Stage 13 department.
Under the direction of the SVP/Head of Scripted Content, the position works on the ideation, development, and production of scripted series/film content for Stage13, WarnerMedia's award-winning studio focused on diverse and inclusive stories.
• Work with SVP/Head of Scripted Content and General Manager to establish and iterate scripted content strategy with a focus on diverse, distinctive voices, talent, and IP.
• Drive process and manage creative on projects from pitch, development, production, post-production, and marketing. Work directly with creators on concept/script development. Coordinate and manage critical information and workflow with production team and stakeholders. Review episodic material and give notes throughout all phases from development through production and marketing.
• Bring in talent and material with high conversion potential. Seek out untapped markets and cultivate relationships with creative communities locally and/or globally for IP, creators, and partnerships. Identify and connect with notable talent aligned with Stage13's mission for potential partnerships.
• Review and provide analysis on new and existing slate of material and projects. Provide clear and rigorous assessments based on key variables (e.g.: story, talent, market, audience, culture, etc.).
• Develop pitches and presentation decks. Pitch projects and creators to potential partners, talent representation and buyers. Track and forecast relevant cultural and market trends across a variety of mediums, formats, and platforms.
• I nitiate and manage relationships with talent, agents/managers, production companies, network executives, and partners. Tap into networks to acquire necessary market intelligence to support internal strategies.
• Ensure high level of quality control, cultural integrity, and authenticity throughout creative and production process.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum 7 years' experience within the U.S./global entertainment industry.
• 2-4 years direct experience in TV/film production development and/or digital media/streaming preferred.
• College degree
or equivalent required
• Master's degree preferred
• Expertise and passion for diverse and global stories, talent, and IP.
• Track record advocating for and collaborating with diverse voices and talent.
• Experience collaborating with talent early on in their career and/or identifying unique voices, break-out material, or ideas at early stages.
• Hands-on experience with one or more of the following: developing ideas/scripts with new and established creators; on-set producing (series, features, and/or short form); creative talent development/management.
• Direct relationships with talent, curators/programmers, representation, producers, and buyers.
• Working knowledge of marketplace, buyers, talent representatives, and executives particularly, across scripted series space.
• Passionate, curious and discerning consumer of tv, film, pop culture, art, literature and media. Has a clear point of view and taste while open and perceptive in assimilating new ideas, sensibilities and perspectives.
• Nuanced grasp of audience tastes and trends across fan affinities, generations, and mindsets. Tapped into the social and cultural zeitgeist.
• Strong grasp of story, structure, and genre fundamentals across mediums ats.
• Entrepreneurial and innovative in approach to sourcing and developing IP and talent
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, judgment, and diplomacy managing senior managers, stakeholders, talent, and partners.
• Skilled in identifying and addressing intersectional issues in creative/production process with sensitivity and diplomacy.
• Top quality presentation and communication skills with ability to read the room.
• Skilled in prioritizing and managing multiple projects at same time with fast-paced/fast-changing environment.
• Strategic thinker and problem-solver.
• Results-oriented, highly self-motivated.
• Willing to be adaptable and flexible working in off-hour schedules.
• Willing to travel
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be well organized.
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Must be able to set up and maintain accurate, up-to-date files and records.
• Must be able to handle confidential information.
• Must be able to work under constant deadlines.
• Must be able to work additional hours if needed.