THE JOB: Warner Bros. Television Group is seeking a Director, Publicity & Multicultural Communications, for its Worldwide Television Publicity & Communications department. The Director will spearhead consumer publicity campaigns related to scripted programming produced and/or distributed by Warner Bros. Television. Director will lead multicultural communications strategy across all series for the department.
• Publicity Strategy: Devise innovative publicity opportunities aimed at driving consistent, high-value consumer press attention for assigned series. Brainstorm new initiatives and also capitalize on existing assets (casting, series storylines, etc.). Work closely with streaming/cable/network publicity counterparts and WBTV social media teams to execute campaigns for launch and beyond.
• Media Relations: Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with members of the press. Understand media desires and craft compelling pitches to all external outlets. Exercise judgment in deciding which opportunities to pursue, ensuring that Studio objectives are met.
• Multicultural Communications: Serve as departmental thought leader, working across the publicity team to maximize opportunities for all Warner Bros. Television Group programming (scripted and unscripted). Must have strong relationships with Black, AAPI, Latinx, LGBTQ, and faith-based press, organizations, and events. Serve as WBTVG publicity liaison to WarnerMedia Equity & Inclusion team.
• Brand Management/Talent Relations: Serve as key point person for assigned series, represent the shows to external and internal constituencies, and serve as publicity brand manager/one-stop resource for all information related to assigned programs. Establish close working relationships and positive rapport with talent, creators, and staff associated with assigned series, including executive producers, key production crew, on-camera performers, and representatives.
• Social Media: Follow best practices strategy for the television publicist for social media platforms. Work closely with social media team to ensure coordinated outreach across all platforms on behalf of WBTV series.
• Events: Plan and execute participation in major promotional events for assigned series, in-person and virtually. These include events such as DC FanDome, Comic-Con, SXSW, and others. Work with social and photo teams to ensure coordinated and strategic plans for covering special events. Serve as departmental leader for participation across all series at key multicultural events and multicultural awards.
• Publicity Assets: Demonstrate good judgment in selecting the most compelling video clips, photos (in conjunction with photo publicity team), and other promotional/publicity materials that fulfill media needs and best represent series to viewers and other targeted audiences.
• Publicity Trips: Book and manage all aspect of performer and/or producer publicity trips (New York, Los Angeles, special events, tours, etc.).
• Other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
• College degree or equivalent work experience required
• Minimum 7–10 years entertainment publicity experience required.
• Previous experience in television and social media required. Publicity and events experience a plus.
• Comprehensive knowledge of entertainment industry required.
• Extensive entertainment consumer press contacts required.
• Extensive multicultural press, events, awards, and organization contacts required/
• Experience effectively working with and successfully building positive relationships with high-profile on-camera talent and producers.
• Must have strong understanding of social media and be an active participant on leading platforms.
• Previous experience supervising agency and/or in-house publicity staff preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet required.
• Proficiency with remote working technology (Teams, WebEx, Zoom, Google Hangout, etc.) required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
• Must be well organized.
• Must have the ability to work additional hours as needed.
• Must possess exemplary organizational skills.
• Must possess excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to maintain a cheerful disposition in a fast-paced environment and during stressful times.
• Must be able to review and comprehend detailed documents.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must have good judgment.
• Must be able and willing to take initiative and to problem solve as appropriate within the scope of responsibilities of this position.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p26v-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.