Sr Business Analyst
The Privacy & Data Strategy Center of Expertise (COE) brings together a global team of legal, privacy, and technology professionals to drive WarnerMedia's consumer-first global privacy strategy. The work of the COE helps WarnerMedia's 30,000+ employees and staff comply with privacy-related legal requirements, provide personalized and innovative consumer experiences that meet business goals, and build consumer trust by offering transparency, control, and optionality around how data is used.
Reporting to the WarnerMedia VP Privacy Compliance Operations & Projects, the Director Privacy Strategic Projects is a trusted leader who drives strategic data priorities, project execution, enterprise collaboration and is a subject matter expert on all aspects of consumer data use. The Director will draw on experience and expertise across AdTech, Ad Sales, identity, data use and platforms to execute initiatives across the enterprise, and advise WM's Chief Privacy Officer and other senior stakeholders on strategic priorities related to privacy, consumer data and use of first party data across the company.
The role will partner with teams across WM Legal, Technology, Business, and Brand teams (with a focus on AdTech/AdSales), and develop a high performing team of privacy professionals skilled in understanding and resolving complex data issues. Business stakeholders are senior executive level decision makers for a variety of business critical initiatives, and so the ideal candidate for this role will have the requisite gravitas and personal impact to interact at all levels of the organization.
Lead strategic projects
• Accountable for the success of strategic data projects across Privacy & Data Strategy for all of WarnerMedia, focusing on achievement of project goals, effective use of resources, and high quality deliverables
• Set project goals and strategy, serve as an escalation point for leadership teams, and communicate status to executive level stakeholders
• Support initiatives led outside of legal (technology, business), ensuring the achievement of privacy COE goals
• Coordinate with technology partners to develop technical requirements and align delivery roadmaps
Advise consumer data businesses and brands
• Act as a strategic partner to the consumer privacy attorney team to enable business critical data initiatives including direct to consumer products (e.g. CTV, games, mobile apps)
• Provide subject matter expertise on how WM brands work with major technology vendors, including managing the impact of significant industry changes e.g. IDFA/Cookie deprecation
• Understand and articulate business and legal requirements, helping businesses and attorneys to design solutions that meet business goals with an appropriate level of risk
• Oversee the brand support function which acts as a central point of coordination for all communications, tracking and implementation of privacy projects at the brand level
Drive definition of enterprise strategic priorities
• Define and execute projects to address strategic enterprise data challenges e.g. unified consent framework
• Enable enterprise wide decision making through highly coordinated stakeholder engagement and effective executive forums
• Run effective workshops as needed to drive strategic decisions and alignment
Build a high performing team
• Direct oversight of 3+ resources, and the capability to lead project organizations of 15+ matrixed resources
• Harmonize processes globally wherever possible, breaking down silos in WM legacy divisions and regions
• Drive high quality work product across the COE, and realize efficiencies from transfer of work from attorneys to privacy professionals or technology partners
• Represent VP Privacy Compliance & Projects on diverse forums
• BA Required, Master's degree Preferred
• 5+ years professional experience in strategic data operations at any of the following: global entertainment company, data driven technology or media company, top tier management consulting firm, investment bank/VC/PE
• Experience defining strategic data priorities and executing priorities through oversight of projects of more than 15 resources
• Able to quickly build relationships across enterprise teams at all levels
• Experience leading operational teams
• Privacy compliance experience, working with key regulations (GDPR, CCPA, etc).
• Knowledge of advertising industry standards, vendors and methodologies
• Knowledge of data platforms / environments in the entertainment/telecom sectors
• Understanding of technology related to establish, track, and connect identities across many businesses
• Experience of entertainment businesses preferred: TV, Features, Games, Home Entertainment, Theatrical; Distribution and Production
• Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills, able to quickly build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Capable communicator (written and verbal) who regularly presents in front of senior leadership
• Ability to see the bigger picture, but also get into details to provide a credible opinion on complex subject matter
• Ability to thrive and take initiative in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
• Proven ability to persuade, build consensus and work on a collaborative team with all levels of management, internally and externally
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills and attention to detail
• Advanced presentation, facilitation and MS Office skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyok6q-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.