The Director of State & Local Tax Controversy and Tax Technical will lead all state and local income tax audits and controversy. Additionally, this role will support SALT planning to ensure that transactions and technical positions are well documented and audit ready.
• Oversight of all aspects of multi-state income tax audits and controversy including strategic planning, responding to audit requests, engaging in settlement agreements, determining the need for outside advisers, and updating management on the status of ongoing audits, potential assessments and forecasted payments
• Collaborate with the planning, compliance, and reporting teams to identify, evaluate, quantify, and report on areas of risk
• Support the planning team in formulating, evaluating, and documenting tax technical positions impacting the business such as: new products/business initiatives, legislation, and M&A transactions
• Support the documentation of internal tax team policies and controls
• 10+ years of experience in state and local income tax and controversy
• CPA or LLM Required
• Must have experience with audit oversight and procedural requirements including: the ability to negotiate settlement agreements, prepare documentation, file protests and appeals, and pursue voluntary disclosure agreements
• In-depth knowledge of state tax law, regulations, and case law and ability to apply that knowledge to complex issues impacting the business
• Must have strong writing skills and ability to memorialize technical positions taken
The Nice to Haves
• Experience in both income and indirect tax a plus
• Experience working in the media and entertainment industry a plus
• Knowledge and application of ASC 740
• Ability to collaborate with a global team
• Experience with various ERP systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft and SAP), tax provision/compliance software (OneSource), and research tools (BNA, CCH) a plus
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7082q-100-24-118-144-42 in your application.