Senior Financial Analyst, Gbs R2r WB Tvgf
Oversight of the day-to-day execution of general accounting activities, record-to-report processes and operating activities handled by the Service Delivery Center (SDC) for Worldwide (International & Domestic) TV Distribution. Duties to include general ledger stewardship, month end closing and reporting, consolidation of actual results, review of all financial statements (including the cash flow cause of change/variance analysis), by title reporting, imputed interests, Product Integration, AR Securitization, foreign exchange analysis, intercompany reconciliations, societies' royalties reporting, footnotes, supplemental, other CFR schedules, and COSMOS/SAP reconciliations.
This position is also responsible for the collection and reconciliation of withholding tax receipts for the International TV Distribution global operations.
Also, includes management oversight of all audit related matters such as Participation and EY audit requests, including statutory audit requests.
Month & quarter end close activities oversight:
• Manages the general accounting and reporting functions for WarnerMedia Worldwide TV Distribution.
• Pro-active planning to establish the overall timelines and accuracy of the month end close process; ensure the activities are in compliance with SOX key controls.
• Work closely with staff to ensure that all transactions pertaining to the period are being processed and any outstanding issues are being documented, followed up and resolved timely.
• Review Imputed Interest files and FX Analysis to ensure accuracy and reasonableness.
• Review monthly trial balance variance analysis.
• Review By-Title and Financial Verification Grids and support prepared by SDC.
• Review Footnotes, Supplemental Schedules, and other CFR schedules.
• Review societies' royalties reporting and analysis to ensure timely resolution on unresolved balances.
• Review the quarterly internal SOX key control testing results and documentation.
• Review quarterly Cash Flow Cause of Change
• Review monthly AR Securitization Reporting for completeness and accuracy.
• Liaise with Sister Company counterparts (Turner, HBO, and HBO Max) to ensure I/Co reporting is properly reported and reconciled.
• Prepare quarterly balance sheet review meeting with department executive management.
• Ensure all SDC owned GL account reconciliations are accurate and complete in Cadency.
• Ensure all audit requests are being handled timely by the SFA and SDC. Audits include Statutory Audits for the Territories, SOX QVC's, E&Y, and Participation.
• Perform annual walk throughs of SOX key controls with E&Y and Financial Compliance
Product Integration Oversight:
• Review and approve Product Integration Deals in COSMOS. Ensure deals are set up in accordance with the agreements provided by the operations team.
• Review weekly Product Integration Reports to ensure revenue is properly recognized and liaise with SFA and Operation team to resolve outstanding issues.
• Develop staff into mature financial advisors with a customer service orientation toward the dependent SDC, Corporate and Business Unit groups with whom there is regular interaction.
• Work with supervisor to set priorities for the department, manage the performance of the team thru defining expectations and standards, set a high performing tone.
• Utilize people resources in a strategic way to meet department goals.
• Make recommendations on process improvements and standardization to gain greater efficiency and effectiveness within the finance organization.
• Be able to help in all problem resolution matters, both within and outside of the WWTVD areas.
• Ensure timely response to inquiries from Division Senior Management, Sales, Legal, Territory, FP&A and various Divisional and Corporate departments.
• Other special projects as required.
Key contact on all business unit activities and issues, including liaising with:
• Deal processing, Contract Administration and Credit & Collections
• Financial Policies & Practices, Financial Compliance, Participations, Tax, Consolidated Financial Reporting, and other Corporate Groups
• Internal customers, including Turner, HBO, and HBO Max
• Typically, 10 years progressive experience required performing similar responsibilities.
• Broad knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles required.
• 3-5 years prior management experience required.
• Manages staff, including new hires, terms & performance.
• Deals with issue escalations of staff.
• Must have excellent PC skills including proficiency in MS Excel & Word.
• SAP experience is highly desirable.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• Big 4, mid-tier accounting experience preferred.
• Experience in Worldwide Television distribution and/or production accounting experience preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Integrates experience and deep technical/professional knowledge to address complex issues, lead key processes and provide operational guidance and standards.
• Routinely solves complex problems that impact the department or business unit while leveraging team-members' expertise.
• CPA or MBA preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89obm-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.