Sr. Manager, Motion Picture Research
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Director supports the Vice President as the senior day-to-day contact leading the execution of domestic and global third party brand partnership campaigns on assigned films.
Job Responsibilities (on assigned films):
• Acts as the primary day to day film lead overseeing all aspects of campaign development and representing the team in senior level meetings, presentations, special projects and events, as directed by the Vice President
• Acts as the key day-to-day senior contact, managing the execution of film partnerships as follows:
Oversees final negotiation of Legal Promotional Contract
o Leads bi-weekly / weekly conference calls with partners
Oversees development of promotional tactics and creative elements for assigned partnerships
o Initiates and manages additional cross-partner collaborations for assigned partnerships
o Assists Vice President in securing management, filmmaker, and stakeholder approvals
o In collaboration with Vice President, ensures that all overall campaign strategy and tactics developed by broader film marketing team is disseminated as needed to Manager and Account Executive.
• Collaborates with WarnerMedia Ad Sales team to route program creative for theatrical approvals as directed by Vice President
Oversees the shared Account Executive as follows:
o In the development and maintenance of film style guides and field directives
o For international campaign creative approvals and execution
• Responsible for overseeing Manager maintenance of the Domestic & International Budgets and flagging any potential overages with Vice President
• Maintains relationships with peer colleagues in the Publicity, Creative Advertising, Digital, Media, Multi-Cultural Marketing, Integrated Marketing and Field Promotions, Consumer Products and HBOMax and/or Home Entertainment teams to enhance overall marketing efforts and leverage any partnerships.
• Works with various internal legal teams to ensure compliance with all required approvals and clearances as it relates to the use of film materials by promotional partners
• Works with Vice President to proactively identify areas in which the team's effectiveness can be increased and suggest solutions.
• Negotiates and manage project budgets with outside vendors to work within established film budgets
• Works Premiere screenings and after-party events on an as needed basis
• Stays up to date on the latest innovations, digital technologies and emerging opportunities to enhance potential partnerships.
• Responsible to ensure that multiple reports are up to date and accurate such as:
o Contract Status
o Promo Overviews
o Filmmaker Status Decks
o Fulfillment Charts
WHO ASSIGNS WORK TO THIS POSITION? (LIST TITLES)
• Vice President, Global Brand Partnerships (Execution)
• Senior Vice President, Global Brand Partnerships
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
Five + years promotions experience required.
Project management skill and experience required.
Entertainment/studio or agency experience required.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
BA/BS degree in Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, or Business preferred.
Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Photoshop.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to articulate issues in a professional manner.
Must have ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a timely manner
Knowledge of: Fortune 500 and packaged goods companies preferred.
Understanding of the retail environment and to identify and facilitate opportunities to leverage those retail relationships.
Outgoing personality and must work well in a dynamic team environment
Must have knowledge of file set-up, maintenance, filing procedures, basic math, spelling,
grammar, punctuation, English usage, and report & letter formats
Familiar with or willing to learn, Microsoft TEAMS, Sharepoint and BOX.
Licenses or Certificates
General office activities - walking, speaking, standing, sitting, finger manipulation, lifting, bending, etc.
Must pay close attention to detail, maintain confidentiality and problem solve (within scope of responsibilities).
Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, through electronic communications, in person, video calls, on telephone, etc..
Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
Must be a collaborative team player.
Must have excellent organizational and follow-through skills and be able to schedule work effectively.
Must be able to work well under time constraints and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Must be able to work independently and have initiative and be a self-starter.
Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, when necessary.
PHYSICAL HAZARDS - Health and Safety Concerns
General office environment.
EQUIPMENT AND SPECIAL MATERIALS
Computer, printer, telephone, photocopy machine, etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11ex0-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.