WarnerMedia seeks a Data Science Director for the Revenue Analytics department.
The position will lead a team of data scientists and individually contribute to developing forecasting models for Digital Ad Sales. Forecasting is a critical component of the business as it informs short-term decisions (e.g., what campaigns do we accept) and long-term strategic decisions (e.g., where are growth opportunities).
In this role, you will work with a modern data stack including AWS, Snowflake, Databricks/Spark, and Airflow. You will leverage the data stack, our rich data, and your knowledge of machine learning methods to build new capabilities that have tangible business outcomes.
You will work closely with stakeholders in Ad Sales, Technology, Finance and WM business units (e.g., HBO Max).
• Business Savvy & Solutions Oriented: Partner with Tech and Business stakeholders define, prioritize, and solve business problems. Grow your knowledge of WM's ad sales business and the broader ad ecosystem.
• Technically Proficient: Use your SQL, Python, and Machine Learning skills to analyze the data, transform the data, train/test/optimize Machine Learning models.
• Quantitative & Detail Oriented: Analyze the data using descriptive statistics to help identity business problems and their respective solutions. Apply the same skills to validate your work product and ensure it is of the highest quality.
• Consultative: Effectively communicate analyses and models to business stakeholders. Act as a subject matter expert and trusted adviser to stakeholders.
• Leadership: Setup your team for success by providing clear expectations, empowering them to take ownership of their work product, and giving them the resources and coaching necessary.
• Required: Minimum of 6 years professional experience applying the required Knowledge/Skills; Experience as a people leader; Experience building scalable machine learning models and shipping them to production
• Preferred: Experience working in Media or Ad Sales domains
• Preferred: Undergraduate degree in a quantitative (e.g., Applied Mathematics) or technical field (e.g., Computer Science)
• Required Tech Skills:
• Extensive statistics and machine learning experience
• Proficient in SQL and Python
• Preferred Tech Skills:
• Tools: Looker or another BI tool, Snowflake, Airflow, Git
• Experience in distributed computing (Spark, TensorFlow)
• Experience in predictive modeling, time series forecasting
• Required Soft Skills: Problem solving, detail oriented, written communication, effectively communicate w/ senior stakeholders, time management, people leadership
• Preferred Soft Skills: Understanding of digital ad tech, understanding of digital ad sales ecosystem
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjjxe-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.