Vice President - Scripted Development
To research and develop materials and talent for motion picture production.
• Attends and participates in creative meetings. Coordinates and follows up on resulting ideas and projects.
• Supervises development of material and projects to be made by Warner Bros. Reviews and responds to creative script submissions. Generates notes/documents on projects from every stage of production from development through post.
• Acts as a liaison between the Senior Executives and the creative community.
• Maintains and complies lists of writers, directors and actors.
• Formulates ideas and locates and nurtures new talent.
• Attends screenings as a representative of the VPs of Production.
• Participates in discussions involving film related areas, such as cast and crew & music.
• Researches and coordinates various projects as assigned.
• Establishes and maintains contacts with the writers on current projects.
• Solicits, analyzes and evaluates material for development and production.
• Evaluates and meets with new writers, directors, producers, actors and production crews for use in Warner Bros. films.
• Prepares corporate reports which outline Warner Bros. development and production situations and provides analysis of current and prospective market trends in the US and Europe.
• Responsible for supervising activities and staff members in job tasks.
• Track competitive development in global marketplace.
• Previous experience with International and Domestic film markets preferred (1-3 years experience as a Creative Executive).
• Sufficient knowledge/experience with film production to maintain proper control.
• Thorough knowledge (and experience) of theatrical film development and deal making, and the ability to make suggestions relating to their merchandising and marketing.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• College degree preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p8w9-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.