Sr. Manager, CRM
We won't chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn't exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
The WarnerMedia Entertainment Research team aims to be trusted partners for our unique businesses through a lens that is unbiased and unfiltered. We objectively translate consumer voices to help make strategic business objectives and decisions. The team is looking for a Director of Content Research to test, understand and advise on all HBO Max content needs, supporting areas such as programming, development and marketing. This role will work across genres which may include: comedy, adult animation, drama, reality, international, and more. The Director will report to the Vice President, Content Research. We're looking for a seasoned content research professional who is passionate about different types of content and has a proven track record working across genres and audiences. We're looking for someone who is flexible and ready to help grow the Content Research team from the ground up.
• Lead content testing for development, production, and marketing needs including but not limited to episode testing, pilot testing, landscape studies, and title studies.
• Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders in a highly matrix organization to understand needs and challenges. The Content Research team works directly with Development, Production, Programming, Strategy, Marketing, Product, and other research disciplines.
• Manage vendor relationships and look for opportunities to innovate.
• Build and establish stakeholder relationships. Be an advisor and provide thought leadership.
• Oversee all stages including design, fieldwork, analysis and interpretation of research studies, both qualitative and quantitative.
• Manage staff including on-going training and development - providing guidance, coaching and feedback, performance management and day to day oversight of projects including directing, assigning and prioritizing work.
• Dynamically lead meetings and initiatives with senior level stakeholders both internal and external.
• Some travel is required.
• 8+ years of primary research experience in both qualitative and quantitative
• 3+ years of experience building, managing and leading a high performing team
• Experience at a Direct-to-Consumer/SVOD/AVOD or research company working on a Direct-to-Consumer/SVOD/AVOD business
• Must understand a variety of market research methodologies and their applications
• Experience working with Creatives
• Direct work with Showrunners and Filmmakers a plus
• Experience with conducting research on content positioning, content strategy, creative testing, pilot studies
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to use a data-driven approach to problem solving and scaling
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently
• Strong client-management skills; ability to adapt to a variety of individual styles and approaches in order to deliver the appropriate insights and support each requires
• Experience managing direct reports
• A passion for television shows and movies
• Statistical knowledge and experience.
• Knowledge of media measurement methodologies.
• Experience with Nielsen data systems such as NPower
• Graduate degree
• Experience working with countries outside the US and with Foreign-Language Content
• Experience and comfort with social insights and analytics
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands