Sr. Manager, Digital Media Operations
The Director, Business Intelligence & Strategy/Research leverages extensive knowledge of the digital video landscape and evolving viewing behaviors across the entertainment ecosystem to drive thought leadership, business intelligence, and data strategy. This role is critical in the planning, analysis and development of strategic insights for enterprise-wide Direct-to-Consumer and OTT growth initiatives including emerging tech programs and tie-ins (eg., gaming, social, podcasting, interactive experiences).
With a core focus on the future of the entertainment and TV/video business, continually tracks and analyzes emerging media technologies to determine areas of innovation and opportunity. Communicates these findings and recommends actionable strategies and solutions to C-suite executives and senior leadership.
Partners with the VP, Digital Platforms & Strategy, on strategic planning, forecasting and primary/secondary research needs to drive operational and organizational growth from a data perspective. Designs and executes custom analyses of consumer perceptions and sentiments, and leverages data-driven insights to identify circumstances for improved customer experience, innovation, and business development.
• Leverages a comprehensive understanding of subscriber-based business models and services, corresponding KPI's, and competitor over-the-top activity to develop strategies pertaining to digital/OTT platforms and corporate business development
• Integral in the design and implementation of data & insights roadmap for WarnerMedia and OTT initiatives including testing and measurement of On-Demand Platforms, Games, Digital and Mobile properties, TV Programming, and Social Media applications
• Applies advanced analytics to build forecasting models and outline KPI's (e.g., time spent, viewership, acquisition, conversion, churn) across multiple business verticals within WarnerMedia's portfolio. Seeks evidence-driven growth solutions for subscriber acquisition, tracking and forecasting in support of corporate initiatives & priorities including HBO Max
• Analyzes marketplace trends, competitive intel, programming, distribution, marketing, and content strategies to identify innovation and growth opportunities
• Manages multiple tracking studies that explore evolving viewing behaviors & preferences, OTT platforms, video trends and SVOD services across the entertainment ecosystem. Synthesizes and presents findings to senior executives
• Generates data visualizations and cross-functional reports that convey key performance metrics, significant trends, and relationships across multiple data sources. Mines internal & third-party data warehouses to produce meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, Marketing, or equivalent experience required
• Master's Degree or Ph.D highly preferred
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in business analytics, marketing, or strategic planning with strong emphasis on Business Intelligence, Strategy, and Innovation
• Minimum of 7 years of experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success utilizing advanced qualitative and quantitative skills
• Prior experience leading strategy and/or research initiatives at a major studio, entertainment company, or technology firm
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to confidently interface with stakeholders and senior and C-suite executives
• Superior analytical, data manipulation, interpretation and problem solving skills with proven ability to think creatively and manage strategic research initiatives from ideation to execution
• Experience working in a consulting role with relational databases and translating business problems into analytics approaches that generate actionable recommendations
• Substantial quantitative and qualitative research experience including deep understanding of market research methodologies and techniques like maximum differential scaling, discrete choice modeling, and segmentation. Experience with UI/UX testing a plus.
• Experience in advanced data analytics including experimental design and predictive modeling with working knowledge of data mining, processing (e.g. SQL, Excel), and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker) preferred
• Able to develop testing plans and frameworks to evaluate campaigns and synthesize results of complex data-mining efforts to share with non-technical audience
• Exceptional analytical abilities, experience in statistical modeling techniques, and a demonstrated ability to effectively partner with business leaders in embedding analytics output into business processes
• Deep knowledge of TV/digital content distribution and related measurement, and expertise in video ecosystem and corresponding business models including pay, premium, free, digital, and bundled services and providers preferred
• Proven ability to sift through large amounts of data, identify critical information, develop hypotheses, apply relevant techniques, perform rigorous analyses quickly and consistently and make recommendations.
• Ability to simply and persuasively communicate key insights to non-technical stakeholders; comfortable presenting to senior and C-level executives a must
• Expertise in managing trackers and reporting including producing KPIs and Dashboards
• Well-versed in big data technologies/platforms, statistical platforms and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
• Advanced proficiency with Nielsen systems, comScore, Ampere, UserTesting, Simmons, Global Web Index, ePoll, etc. preferred
• Strong strategic thinking, intellectual curiosity and love of problem-solving with a passion for driving action and making direct impact on business outcomes
• Highly effective multi-tasker and exceptional team player with outstanding ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
The Nice to Haves
• General office activities, including writing (frequent), hearing (constant), speaking (constant), twisting (frequent), typing (frequent).
• Proficiency with Powerpoint, Excel and Word
• Drive and ability to learn about and understand internal systems and processes and the data they produce.
• Reading documents, detailed work, confidentiality, problem solving, language skills, deadline work, training, math skills, reasoning, verbal and written communication skills, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions.