The Director, Strategy & Audience Development, Brand Marketing will oversee the development and implementation of strategies to build an engaged, loyal fan base across multiple social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok.
This role is highly collaborative, working within the HBO Max social team, and across the HBO organization, in order to identify and help implement opportunities for growth. The Director, Strategy & Audience Development, Brand Marketing will focus on aligning channels, content strategies and audience development within the digital/social ecosystem, as well as analyzing data points to identify trends and grow HBO/HBO Max's social following.
• Identify and develop key audiences for organic social across a variety of social platforms.
• Develop insights to inform the content and creative strategies for the Social and Editorial content teams, establishing best practices to grow audiences, generate remarketing pools for Growth and improve onsite and social experience.
• Optimize social and editorial content, including SEO best practices on YT, to unlock new opportunities and deepen engagement with existing audiences.
• Identify influencers to help grow audience, including Celebrity, talent, mid and micro level.
• Monitor social/search trends and sentiment in real time, effectively translating actionable insights for Social & Editorial content.
• Develop promotional programs for a variety of content types, including originals, library, and licensed programs to inform brand and creative planning.
• Lead tracking, reporting functions, including the development of weekly, monthly, campaign, ad-hoc reports and communicating the 'state of social' to leadership and peers,
• Develop a test and learn framework for social by analyzing a variety of data-centric resources, psychographics/demographics, affinities, and associated behaviors.
• Provide thought leadership on new and emerging platforms that help cultivate opportunities for launching new profiles/accounts.
• Work cross functionally with Brand planning, Growth, Editorial, Program Strategy & Planning and Audience Research to ensure social strategy supports the needs of the business.
• Help drive the development of KPIs, evaluation, and recommendations, as well as partnering with the Data Analytics team to understand how the audience engages with content, their behaviors including user/audience perceptions, and motivations.
• Work closely with platforms partners (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat) and vendors (e.g. agencies) to identify opportunities.
• Improve efficiency on social channels through use of tools such as SSO.
• Identify opportunities to expand social footprint by aligning with the right emerging trends.
• Evaluate ROI on brand social spend and new innovative efforts like voice search.
• 6+ years of E-Commerce, Subscription or Digital experience, focusing in user engagement, audience development, streaming or related experience at an entertainment media company leading significant cross-organizational creative teams.
• Deep understanding of data, social listening and identifying patterns.
• A strong knowledge base of audience behaviors and successful content strategies.
• Prior experience managing paid social campaigns.
• Prior experience and success setting strategic context and helping develop creative.
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services as well as deep knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) and Editorial.
• Detail oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks.
• Actively engaged in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills – effectively presents POV internally and externally.
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• A relationship builder who can provide an authoritative point of view with internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrated critical thinking skill and strong problem-solving skills – navigates effectively through difficult issues, builds required consensus to drive business needs and results.
• Identifying cultural trends, industry trends, and audience growth opportunities; providing teams with a point of view on how it affects the way brands connect with people.
The Ideal Candidate
• Has a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture and a knack for spotting and steering great storytelling in the digital space.
• Can set a vision, respond to cultural and consumer trends, as well as shifts in our business needs.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the video streaming industry as well as the data-driven personalization space and is a champion for the consumer.
• Executes against a vision via small, medium, and long-term projects.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj39o-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.