WB Technology combines Warner Bros.' industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio's enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
WarnerMedia seeks a DevOps Engineer for the Media Supply Chain: Mastering, Archive & Localization Technologies department.
The DevOps Engineer will be a member of the Media Supply Chain (MSC) team within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization, the position will be responsible for the automation of cloud infrastructure as well as the delivery of software with special focus on Media Supply Chain solutions. The DevOps Engineer must be automation focused, with extensive experience in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) methodologies, DevSecOps best practices and the concepts of gitops. The candidate must also be able to embrace technologies to allow Media Supply Chain technology to rapidly innovate in support of business needs.
The Media Supply Chain – Who We Are
Media Supply Chain is tasked to architect, engineer, and program manage a wide range of applications, workflows and services for our internal partners who operationally manage and distribute WarnerMedia content globally. Our applications and technology solutions are responsible for scheduling, image & asset metadata management, as well as, content processing and delivery as well as content mastering, localization and preservation. We are the team pioneering new ways to process and deliver WarnerMedia content to its global customers
The Media Supply Chain – Mission
Our mission is to provide and sustain practical, innovative, agile software and technology solutions which are highly reliable, automated, measurable, optimized, modern systems capable of distributing high-quality content and metadata to our domestic and global platforms & partners.
• Develop and provide support for core Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines for applications and services, in support of various content and digital asset management platforms by starting with business needs and objectives, creating functional and technical specifications and executing against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
• Review project objectives, security requirements and determine best technology for implementation. Implement best practice standards for development, build and deployment automation while mentoring and leading a team of engineers. Infrastructure that has been built needs to meet WarnerMedia (WM) standards.
• Review emerging technologies and evaluate potential uses for WM Technology and other divisions. Develop prototype projects using new technologies.
• Evaluate software applications and vendors for WM Technology and other divisions. Recommend action, develop and lead implementation of selected applications/services.
• Work with internal and external developers to ensure WM Technology code standards and best practices are performed for development of applications
• 3+ years DevOps experience
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• AWS DevOps certification strongly preferred
• Technical Knowledge/Skills in the following areas:
• Software development experience preferred.
• Experience with source control, git or equivalent.
• Experience in AWS at scale leveraging core services such as Lambda, RDS, and EC2, EKS, ECS, ElasticSearch.
• Experience with Build and Deployment tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, or equivalent
• Experience with operational tools such as Datadog, New Relic, Sumo Logic, or AWS CloudWatch
• Experience with AWS networking. (AWS Direct Connect, AWS VPC, AWS PrivateLink)
• A solid understanding of AWS cloud security
• A solid understanding of CI/CD
Functional Knowledge / Skills in the following areas:
• • Overall knowledge of the media & entertainment industry business preferred
• Overall knowledge of WarnerMedia business processes, technologies and applications that support it is preferred
• Must be able communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel (in person, written, telephone).
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, if and when necessary.
• Must be able to respond to after-hours pager notifications to provide support for applications as necessary.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11pov-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.