WarnerMedia seeks a Development Manager. Their role is to keep the department vision on track and to ensure that the team performs productively to support that vision. The Development Manager is concerned with growing the skill set in the group, shepherding people through their careers, preparing the team for the next hurdle, and prioritizing work. Other duties include championing the team, process, and solutions to the business leadership and customers.
• Lead design, coding, and problem resolution activities as requested to ensure technical viability
• Manage a software development team consisting of a mix of 4-7 employees and contractors, including performance reviews, career path coaching and championing.
• Handles pay and administrative issues fostering employee retention.
• Help plan, manage and track software projects. Keeps management informed about project status.
• Removes obstacles in the way of the development team and the projects for which the department is responsible.
• Is comfortable and competent at resolving interpersonal issues.
• Has the ability to give advice and create a positive work environment.
• Has the ability to make others successful by understanding how to develop people in the organization.
• Has vision for the future direction of the department, its people, and its technology.
• Has awareness of technical space, application objectives, global system objectives and market trends.
• Is able to create an environment of collaboration.
• Develops software adhering to agile software engineer practices, with strong working knowledge of Scrum and Kanban.
• Recent experience working with NodeJS and serverless AWS applications. Familiarity with object-oriented languages like Java, Ruby, Groovy, and/or functional languages such as Erlang and/or Scala, along with using J2EE container technologies.
• Ten or more years of application development experience.
• Experience managing software development teams of 6 or more people.
• At least five years' experience building and delivering distributed systems that perform critical business or operational functions, preferably in a VERY high availability environment.
• BS in Computer Science or a related field is required with an MS in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznep2-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.